I'm looking for a better pocket hole jig, to do a lot of pocketholes, mainly for making wainscoting.  What do you think of the Kreq K5 or Massca?

Kreg K5 Pocket-Hole Jig - - Amazon.com

Massca Aluminum Pocket Hole Jig System Set -M1 – Adjustable & Easy to Use Joinery Woodworking Tool w/Drill Bit, Hex Key Screws, Square Driver & Stop Collar – For DIY Carpentry Projects - - Amazon.com

I moved up from the Kreg R3 to the K4 a few years ago. It was a big improvement. The K5 looks pretty nice. The dust collection on the second one would be nice.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
I have the K4's predecessor.  I don't recall the model number.  Bought it at a Woodworking show (2004 or so) in kit form packaged with the pocket jig and the rocket, a couple clamps, step drill bits and drivers. 

Chip collection would be very nice; my most recent project had 60-plus pocket holes, and clearing chips slowed me down.  Between the two you linked, I'd opt for the Kreg.  It's a known quantity and to get the Massca similarly equipped with a "wing"  set up for wide work pieces, you'll end up spending the same.
I've got the K4, and the one thing I'd like most is to have the clamp close from the front of the jig (K5). Even so, I haven't upgraded but still like the Kreg products (as well as the company).
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
No chip collection on my earlier version Kreg. It would be a must if I were replacing it.

(12-12-2020, 09:27 PM)rschissler Wrote: I'm looking for a better pocket hole jig, to do a lot of pocketholes, mainly for making wainscoting.  What do you think of the Kreq K5 or Massca?

Kreg K5 Pocket-Hole Jig - - Amazon.com

Massca Aluminum Pocket Hole Jig System Set -M1 – Adjustable & Easy to Use Joinery Woodworking Tool w/Drill Bit, Hex Key Screws, Square Driver & Stop Collar – For DIY Carpentry Projects - - Amazon.com

I bought the K3 kit in '07. It has dust/chip collection which works well. No regrets. 
I mounted it to a board which makes it easier to clamp to the bench than the clamps that came with it. I like the position of the clamp in the front which I think they went back to on the K5 after moving it on the K4.

I first used it making a couple of small shop cabinets. I couldn't believe how fast it made things.

---
See ya later,
Bill
Have you considered something powered such as Kreg foreman, or porter cable 550,551,552 ?

If you are doing production quantity, the time savings that this type of machine offers, may offset the cost.
My .02
Karl

I have the Kreg K4 and love it.

Here are some options https://www.banggood.com/search/pocket-holes-jig.html
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
The old, no longer made Kreg K3 and the current model K5 have the clamp on the correct side of the material to make things easier on larger pieces. Although the K4 is a great jig you might look at it's clamp handle placement as it is opposite the side of the drilling. I own the older K3 and can't find any reason to upgrade... I also have the R3? for when I want to take the jig to the work piece rather than have the material move to the jig. HTH
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
Short of buying a pneumatic pocket hole machine (they are amazing) the K5 is the right choice for a lot of holes. 

The dust collection port works surprisingly well. I do not hook it up for one or two holes, but for doing several it really speeds things and keeps the chips out of the work area.

The easy setting Clamp works well on the K5 as well, so the whole system is very efficient.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
Which pocket hole jig?