Any videos or a set of detailed instructions on how to do a bearing change?

Anybody?
Looked on you tube n othe sites n came up empty handed.

(02-01-2021, 08:12 PM)Bill Mains Wrote: Anybody?

Looks pretty easy to me, I have the parts layout here, if you take a close look you see how the parts are in and on the lathe and shaft.

You start with loosening the set screw on the hand wheel and the screw that weavy washer next, loosen the pulley setscrew and then drive the shaft out.

(02-01-2021, 08:12 PM)Bill Mains Wrote: Anybody?

Looks pretty easy to me, I have the parts layout here, if you take a close look you see how the parts are in and on the lathe and shaft.

You start with loosening the set screw on the hand wheel and then unscrew that, the wavy washer next, then loosen the pulley setscrew and then drive the shaft out, bearings can then be removed.

You might try asking over on International Association of Penturners (IAP)

Seems like a bunch of people over there with experience changing those bearings.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(01-11-2021, 12:10 PM)Bill Mains Wrote: Any videos or a set of detailed instructions on how to do a bearing change?

Have a look over at OWWM (Old Woodworking Machines).  I am sure someone there could help you.

(02-14-2021, 07:54 AM)cbygeorge Wrote: Have a look over at OWWM (Old Woodworking Machines).  I am sure someone there could help you.

Don't mention that lathe if you do.  They limit discussions to non Asian made machinery.   The one referenced is probably Taiwanese and verboten.

A few linkys I found:

https://www.woodtalkonline.com/topic/869...-problems/

https://www.penturners.org/threads/46-46...es.113917/

HTH
Photo 
One more time to try to ad the parts layout, that's it, I have it here on my computer but how to upload it ???

I'm not going to upload it to a 3th place and then bring it here, should be no need for that.

[attachment=33268][ ]
Well, the lack of videos on this replacement MAY mean it is a low failure part.

Not a factor for you, if this is due to a failure vs preventive replacement.

I assume it is very similar procedure to that of the Jet mini. I did one years ago and it was a piece of cake.
"Mongo only pawn in game of life."        Mongo
46 460 lathe bearing replacement