Last year I asked here about cyclones, and I ended up with the CFLUX-2 from Laguna when they had a sale and Woodcraft had one in stock in the store here.

I've been making a lot of sawdust since then and am pretty happy with it. The method to empty it is nice and easy, beats my old Grizzly. The power is good. I wouldn't recommend it if you need to have 3 or more blast gates open at a time, but I think that is expected for the size.

Some here had concerns about dust getting to the filter bag with a short cyclone. I've emptied the main canister at least 25 times, and have yet to empty the bag under the filter. Looking at it, there is probably a gallon or so of dust, so it's probably time to empty it for the first time. It does not swirl around and plug up the filter.

So no complaints, no issues with use. As I think I said originally, assembly was a bit of a pain.

One review complaint I saw was the fact that the flapper handle didn't go 360 degrees. There are two flappers, so it does get the whole filter. It would be easy to flip the handle upside down or do a little fabrication with the handle if you wanted.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.

(01-22-2021, 08:51 PM)lincmercguy Wrote: Last year I asked here about cyclones, and I ended up with the CFLUX-2 from Laguna when they had a sale and Woodcraft had one in stock in the store here.

I've been making a lot of sawdust since then and am pretty happy with it. The method to empty it is nice and easy, beats my old Grizzly. The power is good. I wouldn't recommend it if you need to have 3 or more blast gates open at a time, but I think that is expected for the size.

Some here had concerns about dust getting to the filter bag with a short cyclone. I've emptied the main canister at least 25 times, and have yet to empty the bag under the filter.  Looking at it, there is probably a gallon or so of dust, so it's probably time to empty it for the first time. It does not swirl around and plug up the filter.

So no complaints, no issues with use. As I think I said originally, assembly was a bit of a pain.

One review complaint I saw was the fact that the flapper handle didn't go 360 degrees. There are two flappers, so it does get the whole filter. It would be easy to flip the handle upside down or do a little fabrication with the handle if you wanted.
How loud is it? 
I installed a CFLUX 3hp model in MicroJig’s shop, not a short cone. 
It has excellent suction, even with all 10 gates open there is strong flow at all openings. 
But man is that thing loud! They have at least 2000 sq ft of shop and you cannot record video with that thing running, at least not if you are talking to the camera.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
It's pretty loud. My shop has pretty high ceilings so there is quite a bit of echo in there. I don't think trying to speak on camera while it is on would work well at all. I usually just wear headphones, usually more for the tool I'm using than the DC.

If I wanted to quiet it down, I would probably build a small room for it and insulate it. I'm on 5 acres, so the noise isn't an issue. Outside of the shop, it's not loud at all but I also have spray foam insulation.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
CFLUX-2