I have a 4volt Milwaukee cordless screwdriver that I really like for finesse tasks when an impact or drill would blow past a failure point, like putting a computer back together or putting a switch plate back on. 

The batteries are beginning to fail and replacements are cost prohibitive.

Any good recommendations on ones you like, I am primarily interested in ones that have a straight form rather than pistol grip.

Thanks
Duke

(02-10-2021, 11:30 AM)JDuke Wrote: I have a 4volt Milwaukee cordless screwdriver that I really like for finesse tasks when an impact or drill would blow past a failure point, like putting a computer back together or putting a switch plate back on. 

Any good recommendations on ones you like, I am primarily interested in ones that have a straight form rather than pistol grip.

Thanks
Duke

I got one of these as a gift a few years ago.  I don't use it much, but every time I do, I wonder why I don't use it more often.  It's gyroscopic, which I had never heard of and thought was a little gimmicky, at first.  But it really works well.

[Image: dewalt-electric-screwdrivers-dcf682n1-44_600.jpg]
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

(02-10-2021, 12:55 PM)Bill Wilson Wrote: I got one of these as a gift a few years ago.  I don't use it much, but every time I do, I wonder why I don't use it more often.  It's gyroscopic, which I had never heard of and thought was a little gimmicky, at first.  But it really works well.

Same,  we use them to drive screws in to plastic as its easy to control speed and not melt the threads.  I am with you thinking it would be gimicky, but it works surprisingly well, it does take a short time to get used to the idea though.

(02-10-2021, 02:39 PM)Shaun Wrote: Same,  we use them to drive screws in to plastic as its easy to control speed and not melt the threads.  I am with you thinking it would be gimicky, but it works surprisingly well, it does take a short time to get used to the idea though.

Thanks for the suggestions, I have put one of the dewalts in my Amazon basket, just haven’t pulled the trigger yet.  

As for. MTO, I have used them in the past for some dewalt 18v batteries and was thouroughly unimpressed with the longevity of the rebuild.  Maybe they have gotten better.
(02-10-2021, 11:30 AM)JDuke Wrote: I have a 4volt Milwaukee cordless screwdriver that I really like for finesse tasks when an impact or drill would blow past a failure point, like putting a computer back together or putting a switch plate back on. 

Thanks
Duke

Just to put this out there, I have found these guys to be inexpensive and reliable for battery rebuilds. Might be worth asking for a quote.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Check on Batteries Plus Bulbs. last year I found replacement batteries for a 20 year deWalt flashlight there.

https://www.batteriesplus.com/

(02-10-2021, 11:25 PM)Ray Newman Wrote: Check on Batteries Plus Bulbs. last year I found replacement batteries for a 20 year deWalt flashlight there.

https://www.batteriesplus.com/

Got the dewalt mentioned above, really like the variable speed based on gyroscope, it’s very intuitive
I recently got the Metabo screwdriver.  It comes with two batteries, a charger and one Phillips bit.  It has a light and that is handy.  Just $60.00.  Includes a nice case.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L78...UTF8&psc=1

It is not a substitute for a screwgun.  I doubt it can drive a drywall screw all the way home. 

But it is handy and fast for assembly work.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Hope you like it.  It is very easy to use, once you get used to it.  I really should use mine more often.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

I use the Metabo on small wood screws that hold Blum hinges in place.  The clutch is very reliable and I never strip the screws. My battery-powered electric drill also has a clutch, but either it is not as repeatable or it does not go down to the low torque that these screws require, as it was resulting in stripped screw holes.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Low voltage cordless screwdriver?