I've been around for years actually...not a constant poster but...anyway I tried to reset my PW as I got a new PC....couldn't get help from mods. So I started a new account....how do I activate it? TIA

I'll report this so they'll maybe see you need help.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Steve: thank you

Ray: new temp password emailed to your dawoodguy email address.
please confirm here when you get back in and we will see about merging your accounts.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.

(02-11-2021, 03:04 AM)iclark Wrote: Steve: thank you

Ray: new temp password emailed to your dawoodguy email address.
please confirm here when you get back in and we will see about merging your accounts.

OK...found the post.  Thanks so much to Steve & Ivan :-)
I cut it three times & it's still too short!
Hi
Joined last week, did the activation through the email link.
How long generally does it take to show as a member, not account not activated?

Thanks
I just noticed that my account is not activated. I cannot find the how-to, Please help me activate the account.
jgt1942NC
So no answer for getting account activated?

(02-15-2021, 07:51 PM)MT Woodworker Wrote: So no answer for getting account activated?

So, you want an apology for the mods not reading every thread every day?

Not every mod has time to participate in WN every day.

The move of WN to AWS hosting has currently broken the ability to see what fora has new posts.

The WN email server apparently got black-holed as a spammer because all the emails that it was sending out to tell WNers about new posts in threads got WN designated as spewing spam. With the changes made over the last month or so, there is hope that the black-hole status will be lifted in a month of 3.

If you did receive the email to activate your account, I would like to hear how the process then proceeded. It may be that the account activation process has not been ported to the new server. The more detail that you can provide, the more it could help the Sysadmin update the process.

Until that happens, the account activation process is broken and not fixable.

The mods are activating accounts as requested after new members have shown themselves as being interested in being good members through their posts.

I do try to monitor this thread. I will try to find some time tomorrow to do some account activations. I am out of time tonight.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

(02-16-2021, 12:28 AM)iclark Wrote: So, you want an apology for the mods not reading every thread every day?

Not every mod has time to participate in WN every day.

The move of WN to AWS hosting has currently broken the ability to see what fora has new posts.

The WN email server apparently got black-holed as a spammer because all the emails that it was sending out to tell WNers about new posts in threads got WN designated as spewing spam. With the changes made over the last month or so, there is hope that the black-hole status will be lifted in a month of 3.

If you did receive the email to activate your account, I would like to hear how the process then proceeded. It may be that the account activation process has not been ported to the new server. The more detail that you can provide, the more it could help the Sysadmin update the process.

Until that happens, the account activation process is broken and not fixable.

The mods are activating accounts as requested after new members have shown themselves as being interested in being good members through their posts.

I do try to monitor this thread. I will try to find some time tomorrow to do some account activations. I am out of time tonight.
 Being a MOD is a thankless job Ivan...thanks for all you do.
Ray
I cut it three times & it's still too short!

(02-16-2021, 09:52 AM)dawoodguy Wrote:  Being a MOD is a thankless job Ivan...thanks for all you do.
Ray

Thank you, Ray.

Your kind words are appreciated.

We are doing what we can, but the problem with the read-status not updating properly is making things difficult.

The really good news is that the account activation emails are starting to propagate properly.

Once we have enough reports of the process not completing once the new user clicks the link in the email, we can try to help the sysadmin to find the line in a script that needs to be updated for the new WN location.

As a reminder to all new members, going to your UserCP (link in the upper left) and adding your general location can be helpful later when a member needs help or to give context to posts about weather conditions.

take care,
Ivan

activate account