This is an ongoing project I've been involved in for about the last 10 years or so.  With the help of a friend, I make these faith chests for our church.  They are given as gifts from the congregation when a child is baptized.

If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

(02-12-2021, 11:57 AM)Bill Wilson Wrote: This is an ongoing project I've been involved in for about the last 10 years or so.  With the help of a friend, I make these faith chests for our church.  They are given as gifts from the congregation when a child is baptized.

That really looks good. May I ask where you got the patterns for the cross and the symbol on the top?

Phil

(02-12-2021, 01:31 PM)hineps83 Wrote: That really looks good. May I ask where you got the patterns for the cross and the symbol on the top?

Phil

Thanks

The symbol on the top is representative of the Trinity.  Our church is Trinity Lutheran we use it several places.  I simply drew that pattern.  It's a triangle, with 3 interconnecting circles.

The cross pattern I got out of a scroll saw magazine or book of patterns.  I don't remember exactly where it came from.  

There are a lot of similar style cross patterns on this site.  It may even be in there somewhere.

http://www.scrolleronline.com/category/306
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

(02-12-2021, 01:41 PM)Bill Wilson Wrote: Thanks

The symbol on the top is representative of the Trinity.  Our church is Trinity Lutheran we use it several places.  I simply drew that pattern.  It's a triangle, with 3 interconnecting circles.

The cross pattern I got out of a scroll saw magazine or book of patterns.  I don't remember exactly where it came from.  

There are a lot of similar style cross patterns on this site.  It may even be in there somewhere.

http://www.scrolleronline.com/category/306

Thanks for the link.

Phil

Nice clean work, Bill.  Well done.  

John
Very nice.  Can you give us an idea of the size?
Beautiful and inspiring piece of work: thanks for posting!
The dimensions of the box are 23” long, 11” wide and 10” tall.

Bill
Very nice and what the others have said
(02-12-2021, 11:57 AM)Bill Wilson Wrote: This is an ongoing project I've been involved in for about the last 10 years or so.  With the help of a friend, I make these faith chests for our church.  They are given as gifts from the congregation when a child is baptized.
Very well done!  Do you normally do all of them in oak?  Could I ask how you do the box joints?  Those chests will be a constant reminder through the years of the special event!
Faith Chest