I've used Blum 15" 563H slides for various projects.  For the latest, I bought a set of the 9" slides.  The drawer width/opening width/thickness specs were all the same, so i used the same measurements.  However, when I went to test fit the drawer box, it was too wide.  On inspection, I found that the distance from the edge of the slide mount to the part that fits against the inside of the drawer side was 2mm out of spec on both sides.  I also have another set of the same slides that were damaged in shipping, and they show the same.

Has anyone else run into this?  I emailed Blum, but have not heard back.  I would think if I could trust the dimensions in the manual for anyone, it would be Blum.

[attachment=33352]

[attachment=33353]

[attachment=33354]
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.

I've never used the 9" model.  The 15" is my usual because I've always used them for dresser/chest of drawers that is 17" deep.  I've never had a problem with fit, but have received damaged slides.  I simply called A.H. Turf (my supplier) to get replacements.

I don't know why the 9" would be any different, the instructions are simply for 563H and it looks like it's for all sizes.

So after all that - I have nothing of value to add.  Sorry.

Joel
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972
USAF Retired Aug 31, 1994
Santa Rosa County, Fl Retired Jun 1, 2012
Now just a hobbiest enjoying woodworking!

Never used the little ones either, and also have never had a problem other than shipping damage. But you may be able to save the drawers by adding a 2 mm shim against the sides under the drawer bottom and redrilling the hole in the back.

John
"I don't know why the 9" would be any different, the instructions are simply for 563H and it looks like it's for all sizes.

So after all that - I have nothing of value to add. Sorry."

Confirming my understanding of the instructions is helpful.
"Never used the little ones either, and also have never had a problem other than shipping damage. But you may be able to save the drawers by adding a 2 mm shim against the sides under the drawer bottom and redrilling the hole in the back."

That's my plan. I have some 1/8" pieces for some other items. Fortunately it is just a single drawer for something I'm building in-house. I'm just annoyed because I thought these would have a predictable design.

(02-17-2021, 10:43 AM)lincmercguy Wrote: "Never used the little ones either, and also have never had a problem other than shipping damage. But you may be able to save the drawers by adding a 2 mm shim against the sides under the drawer bottom and redrilling the hole in the back."

That's my plan. I have some 1/8" pieces for some other items.  Fortunately it is just a single drawer for something I'm building in-house.  I'm just annoyed because I thought these would have a predictable design.

Could these be the 563F slides and not the H.  They are supposed to have a 24.5MM dimension for thicker sides.   Roly
"Could these be the 563F slides and not the H."

They have 563H in the p/n on the side. It could always be a mistake. I might have to break down and call Blum over lunch.

(02-17-2021, 07:53 PM)lincmercguy Wrote: "Could these be the 563F slides and not the H."

They have 563H in the p/n on the side. It could always be a mistake.  I might have to break down and call Blum over lunch.

I would do that so I could know what to expect going forward
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

I got an email from Blum where they told me the depth of the drawer slide and drawer box. I shimmed up the box for this project. Next time I'll measure the slides before cutting the drawer parts.

I've been trying to sneak getting some work (for work) done in between meetings, do I don't have a chance to call.

(02-20-2021, 12:14 AM)lincmercguy Wrote: I got an email from Blum where they told me the depth of the drawer slide and drawer box. I shimmed up the box for this project.  Next time I'll measure the slides before cutting the drawer parts.

I've been trying to sneak getting some work (for work) done in between meetings, do I don't have a chance to call.
Please help me understand this, as I'm a week away from building 16 drawer boxes with the 21 inch tandem 563 slides.  I plan to construct with dominos, cutting the sides 21 long and the front/back pieces 42 mm shorter than the opening.

As I've read Blum's directions, I "think" the 21mm dimension on the drawing refers to the distance between the mounting wall and the inside of the drawer box, therefore giving the front/back dimension 42 mm shorter than the opening.  I'm thinking the 22.xx dim read above is the added clearance to the metal slide.  

comments??
Blum Slides Out of Spec