I've decided I should use PVC baseboards. I'm guessing they get applied with silicone. Is this the way to go?
Jim

Use fasteners
Mill and cut just like lumber
(03-15-2021, 04:12 PM)Halfathumb Wrote: I've decided I should use PVC baseboards. I'm guessing they get applied with silicone. Is this the way to go?

I used PVC in my bathroom right near my shower where there is some moisture.  I milled/routed, sanded and painted it like regular wood and used the same nails I used with the rest of the regular wood baseboard.
Any issues with shrinking/movement?
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(03-15-2021, 05:21 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: Any issues with shrinking/movement?

None at all.  And this is in a bathroom that cycles between humid and dry.

(03-15-2021, 11:20 PM)cams2705 Wrote: None at all.  And this is in a bathroom that cycles between humid and dry.

Thank you...
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(03-15-2021, 04:23 PM)cams2705 Wrote: I used PVC in my bathroom right near my shower where there is some moisture.  I milled/routed, sanded and painted it like regular wood and used the same nails I used with the rest of the regular wood baseboard.

Did the same around a shower. Worked beautifully and took paint (I did a light sanding). I used stainless finish screws to attach.
VH07V  

(03-16-2021, 03:08 AM)EightFingers Wrote: Did the same around a shower. Worked beautifully and took paint (I did a light sanding). I used stainless finish screws to attach.

What did you use to plug up the screw heads?
Jim
PVC only expands due to temperature and not humidity, sothat shoudn't be a concern unless you have drastic swings (unlikely) in your house. 

As for plugging, acrylic or polyurethane caulk, or Cortex plugs work well.
I made plugs with a plug cutter from a scrap.
VH07V  
PVC Baseboard