Does anyone know of a magnetic based bandsaw light that REALLY works>  Every vone I have tried fails miserable in staying in place with the BS vibration.  If you dont use a magnedtic based light, how do you illuminate the BS blade>  Very  unsatisfactory and very frustrating.  Thank for any input.

(03-17-2021, 08:24 PM)weelis Wrote: Does anyone know of a magnetic based bandsaw light that REALLY works>  Every vone I have tried fails miserable in staying in place with the BS vibration.  If you dont use a magnedtic based light, how do you illuminate the BS blade>  Very  unsatisfactory and very frustrating.  Thank for any input.

Yes. Lee Valley

Permanent fixture on my MM16. It does not budge. I like the option to zoom the bead in and out.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site

(03-17-2021, 08:27 PM)Aram Wrote: Yes. Lee Valley

Permanent fixture on my MM16. It does not budge. I like the option to zoom the bead in and out.

I agree with Aram. I have one of those and it works great.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
(03-17-2021, 08:27 PM)Aram Wrote: Yes. Lee Valley

Cannot recommend the lee valley product.   It worked for a bit, but then stopped working.  Investigation showed battery leaked (duracell)  after fully cleaning the mess, baking soda etc., light would not work.  Contacted LV about it, they fully blamed the battery company.  Can't get anywhere with Duracell.  

So, nope can't recommend.

(03-18-2021, 06:30 AM)nodima Wrote: Cannot recommend the lee valley product.   It worked for a bit, but then stopped working.  Investigation showed battery leaked (duracell)  after fully cleaning the mess, baking soda etc., light would not work.  Contacted LV about it, they fully blamed the battery company.  Can't get anywhere with Duracell.  

So, nope can't recommend.

I don't recommend the LV light for the OP, but not for the reason you gave. LV wasn't blaming anyone but pointing out what happened. Anything , clocks, radios, multimeters etc, will fail when the owners don't take out the batteries or check on them periodically. Common sense to me.

For a bandsaw or any machine, battery-powered lights are a nuisance, because Murphy's Law likes to strike in the shop.

Get a sewing lamp as Woodshop suggested, and plug both the bandsaw, vc, and lamp into a power bar. This way, when you turn on the power bar, you can get the vac and light running at the same time.

Simon
(03-17-2021, 08:24 PM)weelis Wrote: Does anyone know of a magnetic based bandsaw light that REALLY works>  Every vone I have tried fails miserable in staying in place with the BS vibration.  If you dont use a magnedtic based light, how do you illuminate the BS blade>  Very  unsatisfactory and very frustrating.  Thank for any input.

I have 6 of these . they stay put on my machines, nice bright light, strong magnet, great price. note that the 3 pack are shot goose necks not the longer one, and the long one 17" is an over all length. still plenty long.
I do have the shorter ones on my lathe and sander. they work great also, but have less LEDs

Sewing Machine Light 40 LED
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
I use lamps from Woodturners Wonders.  Salty on the price, but they are a solid lamp for sure

Lamps
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
I've used these from Peachtree for many years with no problems:

https://www.ptreeusa.com/shop_lights.htm

Lonnie
When the bulb burned out on mine and I couldn't get a replacement, I had one of the harbor freight freebies laying around. Stuck it on the metal arm holding the top bearing assembly. Works so good I never looked any farther.
I've made a couple of these that the guy makes on this video but with a couple of changes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCuXq8tCvtg

I have one for the lathe and one for the drill press.
They provide a terminus amount of light without any obstructions.

I bought the lights on Amazon, but they are no longer available.
However this is what they look like. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B005...UTF8&psc=1
And I purchased the magnets at Horror Fright.
https://www.harborfreight.com/set-of-2-m...65528.html
band saw illumination