Decal  on my PC router says "690LR type 2"
Looking for compatible plunge router base.
When I bought it [yard sale], seller said he had a plunge base for it but couldn't find it.
Seller DID HAVE owner's manual for 6931 Type 2 plunge base
Search in cyberspace had models suitable for 690 series routers. But fine print listed models but not 690LR type 2 router.
Help?

Type 2 was just a small change (usually upgrade) from Type 1 base. Could have been the knob was changed...etc etc.

All 690 bases will fit on 690's, 690LR's

https://www.toolup.com/Porter-Cable-6931...outer-Base
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I have a 690 LRVSK kit I'm trying to sell which has the type 2 plunge and standard base. Not sure how you'd feel about having a second router. I actually have three 690s right now. The other two are non plunge dedicated for my dovetail jig.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.

(03-29-2021, 02:37 AM)lincmercguy Wrote: I have a 690 LRVSK kit I'm trying to sell which has the type 2 plunge and standard base. Not sure how you'd feel about having a second router. I actually have three 690s right now. The other two are non plunge dedicated for my dovetail jig.

I did the same form my dovetail jig.  I no longer avoid the dovetail joint.  The setup is almost immediate.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.

(03-31-2021, 07:43 AM)Cooler Wrote: I did the same form my dovetail jig.  I no longer avoid the dovetail joint.  The setup is almost immediate.

Mine was kind of happenstance.  Both were garage sale finds.  I use the one with variable speed for the dovetail bit, and the very old one (has a real toggle switch) for the straight bit.  I like to be able to double check the first joint before doing the rest, or do a test piece if I think I need to (usually don't with the Akeda).
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
Vark - if you have the single speed version  -  I would not spend any more money on it.   I’d put the $100+ towards a variable speed plunge router, preferably from someone who still makes routers 
Wink
The 6931 is the plunge base for that router. Type 1, Type 2, or Type 8 will all work just fine; as was noted earlier, the "Type" change was minimal.

I just sold one earlier today on eBay for $81. I plan to list another one (coincidentally, a Type 2) tomorrow, if the Second Chance Offer I sent to the guy who bid $80 doesn't get taken. If I do, I can let you know.
You are entitled to your own opinions. Just not your own facts.
Actually, I just went ahead and listed it.  Here's the link, if you're interested.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184734012255
You are entitled to your own opinions. Just not your own facts.

(03-29-2021, 08:12 PM)law_kid Wrote: Actually, I just went ahead and listed it.  Here's the link, if you're interested.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184734012255

Right now on the sale thread there is a complete 690 kit including the plunge base.
(03-28-2021, 10:26 AM)varkpilot Wrote: Decal  on my PC router says "690LR type 2"
Looking for compatible plunge router base.
When I bought it [yard sale], seller said he had a plunge base for it but couldn't find it.
Seller DID HAVE owner's manual for 6931 Type 2 plunge base
Search in cyberspace had models suitable for 690 series routers. But fine print listed models but not 690LR type 2 router.
Help?

I don't know about others experience but I had a 690 combo kit. The router and fixed base were fine, the plunge base was not. The plunge action was sticky and required too much effort, the base would move a little while I was pushing down. I tried lubing the plunge tubes and everything else I could think of. I sold those and bought an 890 kit. The fixed base of the 890 is mediocre though the dust collecting handle helps. The plunge base for the 890 is MUCH better.
Plunge base for PC 690LR type 2 router