Anybody here have experience with this product for a middle-age pressure treated deck?

https://www.armstrongclarkstain.com/arms...n-5-gallon

(03-29-2021, 01:17 PM)mound Wrote: Anybody here have experience with this product for a middle-age pressure treated deck?

https://www.armstrongclarkstain.com/arms...n-5-gallon

I used the semi-transparent Amber on my Ipe' deck last summer.  On the positive side, it is the first and only oil finish I have used on that deck that didn't have black mold and a buildup of dirt develop over the winter months.  And that's a big plus because with the other products I used it was an all day or more and expensive job to get that crap off.  On the negative side, the nice deep oiled tone quickly faded in just a few weeks leaving a streaky mustard color to the horizontal surfaces.  On the vertical planter box sides, etc., it faired substantially better and still looks OK this spring.  

On Ipe', best stuff yet but still not optimal.  

John
I’ve been very very happy. I used semi solid Oxford. Been down three years now. Only one area that was in front of the grill and in the most sunny area is a little faded. Half of my deck gets beat with sun the whole day. Only thing bad I can say is that the railing will still transfer some color to your hands or clothes if you lean on it for a bit

(03-29-2021, 08:25 PM)AUswimKC Wrote: I’ve been very very happy. I used semi solid Oxford. Been down three years now. Only one area that was in front of the grill and in the most sunny area is a little faded. Half of my deck gets beat with sun the whole day.  Only thing bad I can say is that the railing will still transfer some color to your hands or clothes if you lean on it for a bit

Good to know! Did you use it on a PT deck? Do you happen to have any pix?
Run of the mill PT. Half was a new extension and half was the original ten year old deck.finished it off in May then I waited through a summer to let it dry then washed and stripped and stained in October. Decking and such was likely down in Feb
I can try to take some pictures. Right now it’s yellow
Experiences with Armstrong Clark Stain