Shouldn't there be a thread about a new Lee Valley offering today?
“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

- Winnie the Pooh, as relayed through Author A. A. Milne

I looked at their site but couldn't even find the old ones.
Know nothing of the brand but a Festool Planex (sanding disc) for $13-hundred just seems a grab for the latest stim check. Otherwise, the joke is a bit too subtle for my foggy penthouse sponge.

Ps. Or, a "Where's Waldo" type game.
Heirlooms are self-important fiction so build what you like. Someone may find it useful.
I don't think that one is a joke.
(04-01-2021, 10:23 AM)Patsfan Wrote: Shouldn't there be a thread about a new Lee Valley offering today?

I thought they ended that tradition a few years back.
Peter

My "day job"

Why waste time, money and effort on April Fools? I'd rather merchants spend their energy on improving customer service or internal efficiency than on an annual joke that, with a few exceptions, is second-class.

Simon
(04-01-2021, 02:01 PM)Peter Tremblay Wrote: I thought they ended that tradition a few years back.

That's my understanding.
Although I must confess I did check to see if a couple of items that popped up in recent ads were real lee valley items...
  - Veritas Hand Jointer
  - "Oops" arbor

Sadly or happily--depending on your perspective--they appear to be longstanding items.

In casting about for the old ones, I did discover a few on youtube:
 - Voubo (2014)
 - Building of a Custom Bench Plane Revealed (2015)
- Precision Rotary Tool Holder (2016)

Some non-LV videos I ran across:
  - Biscuit Joiner XL (Toolify, 2017)
  - Rider Reversa Plane (Axminster 2015)

Matt
I would think that they might just have much more important things to take care of right now.....
Rolleyes
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
I don't know. They already do a pretty great job on customer service and speedy delivery.  The little extras like the 4/1 offerings endeared them to the customer base.  I for one did buy a few of the 4/1 story tape offerings.

(04-02-2021, 10:08 AM)stav Wrote: I don't know. They already do a pretty great job on customer service and speedy delivery.  The little extras like the 4/1 offerings endeared them to the customer base.  I for one did buy a few of the 4/1 story tape offerings.

Just to clarify, my comments about "merchants" are not directed at LV. They sure do have the best customer service. I'm not disappointed hat they've stopped putting resources into making the April Fools products.

Simon
Tap, tap, tap...