Ok.  I just got a new SS that runs off 220v.  I want my DC - 110v - to come on automatically when the SS comes on.  I have one that turns on with 110 automatically.  

So is there a remote that does this or do I have to jury rig something?
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.

You can do what you described with an iVac setup.

https://www.ivacswitch.com/ivac-pro-auto-sensor/
Not the answer you want but for $25 or less I got a wireless outlet. I keep the controller on either the fence or the bandsaw.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
That makes only the second 220v SS I have ever heard of...

I assume you mean a Shopsmith.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11

(04-25-2021, 10:00 PM)Scott W Wrote: That makes only the second 220v SS I have ever heard of...

I assume you mean a Shopsmith.

Sawstop.
John

We need to clean house.
When I first got my SawStop, I also got the iVac setup.  I have two separate tool switches and one DC controller.

The setup worked OK, but wasn't flawless, though the DC being controlled was a 2HP Harbor Freight unit.  While the controller is capable of working with that DC, sometimes it needs reset.

When I bought it, I intended to keep adding components as I added tools onto the DC system.  After moving into the new shop, and really installing a centralized system, it hasn't worked out that way.  When it came time to shell out dollars for added switches, I opted instead for an iVac RF remote to switch the DC on and off at my demand.  That switch was only about $25.  

I just wasn't willing to shell out dollars for fully automated DC on/off capability when I was going to have to manually switch blast gates anyway as I move between tools.  I know I can automate those blast gates, but that's adding a level of complexity and cost that I'm not certain is wise for my shop situation.

I still have the gear, and I can reengage if I choose.
I like that Ivac system.  I have 3 tools I need to run and this would take care of it.  The blast gates are a little expensive so Ill stick to the manual ones.  All my other tools have shop vacs attached.  The planner, drum sander and TS create too much dust for a vac. 

So thanks guys.  Sorry about the SS and not Sawstop at the beginning.  I forget about the Shopsmith since I have never even seen one.
John

We need to clean house.
220v remote outlet