Hi everyone,

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a spokeshave/pullshave?

second hand pullshave - Google Search

Well, if you are looking for a good spokeshave, Lee Valley makes some very nice ones. They used to make a pullshave, but not anymore. They do make a chairmakers scraper that has some similarities.

[Image: 05P3389-scraper-plus-set-of-4-blades-f-56.jpg]
"Mongo only pawn in game of life."        Mongo
What is your budget? Vintage Stanley's are quite serviceable, but may require some tweaking to work optimally. I like the Lee Valley (Veritas) spokeshaves. You really only need the flat bottomed one if you are just starting out. The Boggs spokeshave sold by Lie-Nielsen is also very good, but is on the pricey end of the spectrum.

Lee Valley Spokeshaves:
https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/too...pokeshaves

Lie-Nielsen Spokeshaves:
https://www.lie-nielsen.com/nodes/4091/spokeshaves
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
The Veritas ones are nice.

A pull shave is just a spokeshave turned backwards. ;-)

(04-26-2021, 08:31 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: A pull shave is just a spokeshave turned backwards. ;-)

Except that the handles on a pull shave allow you to work concave surfaces, unlike most spokeshaves, where the handles are splayed out parallel to the blade.

And, for me at least, I use my spokeshaves 95% with a pull stroke.  Same as a pull shave.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Just about trip over these things..when going on a Rust Hunt...
[attachment=35037]
Still waiting on a cleaning...
[attachment=35038]
It's little brother was put to work over the weekend..
[attachment=35039]
And this recently acquired Stanley 51.....

Plenty of these out there....just need to go out and look..
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Current line-up..
Cool 

Front to rear;  Seymore Smith & Son double,  Seymore Smith & Son single, Unknown brand,  Stanley No. 51
from the soles.
Rolleyes

Newest addition seems to have a heavy coat of ClearCoat
Upset  sprayed all over it...will see about getting rid of that, this week...and see about sharpening two irons..

Hmm..

Compass is a Starrett No. 85,  divider is a PEXTO 8".....
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(04-25-2021, 11:33 PM)zed1988 Wrote: Hi everyone,

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a spokeshave/pullshave?

second hand pullshave - Google Search

If you cannot find one new or second hand (you cannot have mine), perhaps we can suggest an alternative. What do you want one for - chair seats?

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Qiangsheng Luban in China makes a copy of the one that Veritas used to make.  I have not purchased from this seller, nor bought a Luban tool, but you can find one on AliExpress.  I have bought a number of things through AliExpress without major problems (one item did not arrive, one was the wrong item, in both cases AliExpress promptly refunded the entire amount).  The worst thing about AliExpress is their Search function.  It is awful.
It's all wood.
Spokeshave