Hi guys,

After 25 + years of service the chisel set I bought from Woodworkers Warehouse needs to be replaced. I have a Powermatic machine. Looking for a quality set as I have many projects I'm working on. 

Thanks

Mike

I nominate Fisch. I had a Clico, which is a very good one, but I think they may have went out of business.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

(05-02-2021, 03:42 PM)fredhargis Wrote: I nominate Fisch. I had a Clico, which is a very good one, but I think they may have went out of business.

I've used Fisch in the past, but have had plenty of good use from a JET set.
(05-02-2021, 03:42 PM)fredhargis Wrote: I nominate Fisch. I had a Clico, which is a very good one, but I think they may have went out of business.

Thanks, not easy to find a set of 4. There website does not sell direct. Found them at CT Power Tools in CT. $209 with free shipping. Pricey but if they are worth it they should last the rest of my woodworking days.
Grizzly has a mortise chisels made in Japan sold individually, not your "made in China".
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
Are mortise chisels a "one size fits all" when it comes to any brand fitting any machine? I have some Ridgid chisels, NOS, and was always curious what machines they would fit. Maybe they will fit the OP's machine
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(05-02-2021, 08:30 AM)Mike 55 Wrote: Hi guys,

After 25 + years of service the chisel set I bought from Woodworkers Warehouse needs to be replaced. I have a Powermatic machine. Looking for a quality set as I have many projects I'm working on. 

Thanks

Mike

Amazon has Fisch and Powermatic brands.

Fisch Hollow Mortise Chisel Set (1/4") - Kit Includes Premium Mortiser and Bit, Fits All Mortising Machines and Drill Press Attachments - Crafted from Quality Tool Steel - FSG-096177 - Made in Austria - Metalwork Chisels - Amazon.com

---
See ya later,
Bill

(05-02-2021, 09:53 PM)Bill_de Wrote: Amazon has Fisch and Powermatic brands.

Fisch Hollow Mortise Chisel Set (1/4") - Kit Includes Premium Mortiser and Bit, Fits All Mortising Machines and Drill Press Attachments - Crafted from Quality Tool Steel - FSG-096177 - Made in Austria - Metalwork Chisels - Amazon.com

---

Bill,

Thanks for the link. This is just for one bit and not a set. I'm glad you sent this as the reviews for this are really bad. 70+% gave this bit bad reviews. I better do more research before plunking down $210.

(05-02-2021, 10:17 PM)Mike 55 Wrote: Bill,

Thanks for the link. This is just for one bit and not a set. I'm glad you sent this as the reviews for this are really bad. 70+% gave this bit bad reviews. I better do more research before plunking down $210.

If you scroll down on that page you should see a lot more choices, including sets.

--
See ya later,
Bill
When I got my used PM, it came with a set of Jet chisels.

Been using them for several years, very happy with them.

Once in a blue moon I hit them with a diamond cone and polish the outside.
Mortise Chisel Set