Looking for precision small  miter box

How small?  Modelmaker small?  Larger than that but still small?

While I've never seen one in the metal, Millers Falls made a relatively small version of the Langdon Acme miter box, which (the Langdon Acme series) was and is a fine tool.  Probably pretty rare.

Some folks like the Stanley 150 miter box, which is not hard to find (quite a few on That Auction Site right now); I owned one, got frustrated, found another for $10, decided to try again, haven't had time to fuss with it, so still not sure about it.

(05-16-2021, 10:51 AM)Bill_Houghton Wrote: How small?  Modelmaker small?  Larger than that but still small?

While I've never seen one in the metal, Millers Falls made a relatively small version of the Langdon Acme miter box, which (the Langdon Acme series) was and is a fine tool.  Probably pretty rare.

Some folks like the Stanley 150 miter box, which is not hard to find (quite a few on That Auction Site right now); I owned one, got frustrated, found another for $10, decided to try again, haven't had time to fuss with it, so still not sure about it.
I had a long write up on what I was looking for and removed it 
2" aluminum channel with a Zona 24t saw is what I have now..  POC
I did search and as you mentioned Stanley has them , as well
as some vintage ones that are rather nice, I think that is the route 
I will go. 

Any one have a sweet one to show ?  Function and looks that what I like. 

Thanks for chiming in.. Good day
Look here.  
https://www.inthewoodshop.com/ShopMadeTo...rebox.html

And thank Derek Cohen
Jim
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.
Beautiful and
exactly what I am talking about...

Thank you
This is the “Steam Punk Mitrebox” I designed and built. Details in the link above.

[Image: SteamPunkMitrebox_html_m685133fb.jpg]

With a saw I made ...

[Image: SteamPunkMitrebox_html_m30c48c55.jpg]

A few years back I “restored” ( OK, I went a little nuts, as usual) a MF 150. I needed to make a saw as well ...

[Image: MFMitreboxRebuild_html_m7c4cc0bd.jpg]

[Image: MFMitreboxRebuild_html_mf4f16e.jpg]

Link: http://www.inthewoodshop.com/ToolRestora...build.html

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Stunning , beautful job on the Steam Punk wowzza

I must have one ... to find and restore one like the 150 is the route for me..
I will pray to the wood gods to direct me in the correct direction.

(05-17-2021, 12:48 AM)Tankwood Wrote: Stunning , beautful job on the Steam Punk  wowzza

I must have one ...  to find and restore one like the 150 is the route for me..
 I will pray to the wood gods  to  direct me in the correct direction.

So as to prevent you from undertaking a wild goose chase, I will point out that the second pictured of Derek's boxes above, appears to be a 15½ and not a 150.
(and btw - they don't come cheap!)
Yes, 15 1/2.

Mine did come cheapish .. for the reason it needed a LOT of work (read the article, link above) ....

[Image: MFMitrebox-Rebuild-html-m4254e416.jpg]

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
I have both the tiny Langdon and the 150. The 150 is more a carpenter oriented tool, able to accept dang near any saw. The Langdon is a joy to use and punches well above its size. I typically have my Lion miter trimmer at hand, when using the Langdon, handling much of the trim/detail work I encounter. Problem is, these little boxes are quite rare.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Small miter box