Been looking at the metabo micropinner that can shoot up to 1 and 3/8" headless pins.

I have a Senco that i have had to 15 years that goes up to 1 inch and it has been giving me fits with a lot of missfeeds.  It's hard to adjust to the 1" pins and its seems 1 " pins are slanted down towards the head which makes closing the magazine difficult and shorter pins dive up into the gun near the head.

Given the long life it has had, I am not sure I want to try and repair it unless it's a straightforward process.

Any other recommendations for a pin nailer?

(05-17-2021, 08:40 AM)WoodworkerTom Wrote: Been looking at the metabo micropinner that can shoot up to 1 and 3/8" headless pins.

I have a Senco that i have had to 15 years that goes up to 1 inch and it has been giving me fits with a lot of missfeeds.  It's hard to adjust to the 1" pins and its seems 1 " pins are slanted down towards the head which makes closing the magazine difficult and shorter pins dive up into the gun near the head.

Given the long life it has had, I am not sure I want to try and repair it unless it's a straightforward process.

Something to consider.  Six years ago I got a Toolshop pinner at Menards for $18.   Still use it all the time,  It's never had an issue.    Its similar to the $14 grinder I bought at harbor freight.  Still use it all the time.  Sometimes disposable tools are a gem.
WoodNET... the new safespace
I have a Porter Cable 23 ga pinner that I've had longer than you've had the Senco. I use it very seldom but it always seems to do the job. Were I in the market now, knowing how seldom I would be using this tool I'd probably take a hard look at this one from Harbor Freight unless you must have longer than 1" capacity.

Doug
I have one that now fails to feed pins.  I don't think I will replace it. 

I used it mostly to attach small trim and most of the time the 18 gage nailer will be OK.  

If I did, I would get  Milwaukee battery-powered one. 

I have replaced my P-C 15 gage (which has been troublesome ever since new) with the Milwaukee.  And the 18 gage because I was working in a small bathroom and the hose and compressor were just too much headache in the tight space. 

The Milwaukee units have been reliable and surprisingly light considering that it has to use a battery.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.

Like Doug, my PC has been flawless for more than 10 years.  That model only goes to 1" but newer ones go to 1-1/4 or 1-3/8" I believe.  Having said that, if you only have need for occasional use I'd go with the HF.  I have their narrow and wide crown molding guns and they have performed w/o problems for the light duty use I give them.   

John
(05-17-2021, 08:40 AM)WoodworkerTom Wrote: Been looking at the metabo micropinner that can shoot up to 1 and 3/8" headless pins.

You're right to look for something that does 1 3/8" (35mm). I have an AirLocker gun that does 30mm and would like 35mm.
I have yet to have a 1-3/8" pin shoot straight into anything.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"

(05-20-2021, 10:07 PM)CARYinWA Wrote: I have yet to have a 1-3/8" pin shoot straight into anything.

Mine will shoot straight into my finger.  Does that count?  

Those pins will do a U-turn in a board like a heat seeking missile on a target.
I have a Bostich 23 gadget pin nailer that will shoot 2" pins. I have had really good luck with it. I haven't had too many pins stray, but it definitely does happen. Always make sure you keep your hand farther away than the length of the pins you are using! I'm amazed at the holding power of those little pins!
shifty
Have a GREX p635 that works great but after using my Milwaukee 18g cordless for a couple of months I think I will getting their 23 gauge model in the future.  Not dealing with air hose is worth the extra weight for me.
New 23 guage micro pinner