I made these in 2007...14 yrs ago..First one has a Lexan beam with a roll pin sharpened to a cutting edge..The MKII has a brass beam and is a combination square and a dovetail template...The cutter is sharpened for use as a single beader or can be turned ninety degrees and used to mark a line. I remember making some out of brass and sold the "kits" in the S&S to a few woodnetters.
Big Grin Time sure flies!!!!!!!!!!!
Crazy

[Image: fullsizeoutput-1120.jpg]
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

I was expecting a thread about Rugers.
"Mongo only pawn in game of life."        Mongo
"I was expecting a thread about Rugers."
--clovishound

Same here!
I have onem similar to the MK II, that I got from you. Love it.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard

(06-07-2021, 02:07 AM)cputnam Wrote: I have onem similar to the MK II, that I got from you.  Love it.
Good to know, Curt...I think there's six or seven of them out there..they do fit well in the hand...
Big Grin
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(06-06-2021, 12:12 PM)Timberwolf Wrote: I made these in 2007...14 yrs ago..First one has a Lexan beam with a roll pin sharpened to a cutting edge..The MKII has a brass beam and is a combination square and a dovetail template...The cutter is sharpened for use as a single beader or can be turned ninety degrees and used to mark a line. I remember making some out of brass and sold the "kits" in the S&S to a few woodnetters.
Big Grin  Time sure flies!!!!!!!!!!!
Crazy

[Image: fullsizeoutput-1120.jpg]

A beautiful and ingenious device.
Mark I and Mark II