Found this little block plane amongst all my junk. Has no identifiable manufacturer info or plane id info. Anyone have idea of manufacturer. Was going start cleaning it up. Thanks Hugh

Added pictures not sure why didn’t attach

(06-10-2021, 06:11 AM)hughpgh1 Wrote: Added pictures not sure why didn’t attach
My money is on Sargent...going by the shape of the blade...don't know the number tho..
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Can you post a pic of the assembled plane? No markings on the blade?
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
No markings on blade, sole of plane, blade captive. Knob on front of plane is cast iron. Plane body is cast iron but on thin side. Don’t remember where I acquired plane never really looked at until operation jenga in garage too retrieve a motor from my horde. Every time venturing into back of garage all day odyssey. Here is another picture can’t take anymore at this time. Already stored plane in super secret location so no one will find it(that includes myself)
I'd say it is a Festool No. 561 086, but not a block plane. To find, just kick random timbers. It will fall to the floor and crack.
Heirlooms are self-important fiction so build what you like. Someone may find it useful.
Looks like something the Metallic Plane Company used to sell...along with their Chapin Patent planes.  
Confused
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that

(06-12-2021, 02:07 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Looks like something the Metallic Plane Company used to sell...along with their Chapin Patent planes.  
Confused
At first I thought Sargent but now I think Bandit is right,,,,Chaplin...made in Troy N.Y.

[Image: chap1255a-small.jpg]
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Block plane id