Several years ago Consumer's Reports gave Home Depot's Behr Marquee high marks and my experience was similar to their test results. 

However, a recent paint job using that same paint gave me pause.  First it was very watery.  It did not cover (from off white to white) in one coat.  And  it was so thin that I experienced both drips and runs.  It was a horror for cutting in.  

Benjamin-Moore was able to color match to perfection in Regal Select.  This paint has good body and cutting in was a pleasure. 

I am not promoting the BM product, though it was very good. 

I am letting people know that the Behr Marquee product is not the same as they originally produced.  I won't be buying it again.

I did paint a door with the door flat and three coats did an excellent job with the Behr (but the edges did get runs).  The watery consistency allowed it to self-level.  I consider this a flawed product as it is sold nowadays.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.

Sorry to hear that, I always liked that paint.
Makes me wonder, could that have been an exception, like a bad batch?
I sure hope so.
You should complain to the company on line and see what they say.
I'd love to hear their response, if you get one.
I just bought a Magnum X-7 airless and I used it to paint a room filled with beadboard wainscotting.  If I used a roller I would have then needed to brush and then backroll it.  Spraying seemed like a good idea. 

I had lots of runs with that, but I blamed my technique as it was only the second time I had used the sprayer.  I now think it was at least partially because of the paint.  Those two gallons seemed notably watery too. 

I don't know how paint gets thick.  Is it from the pigments, or do they just throw some corn starch in it?  But whatever it is, the thicker stuff is much easier to cut in, especially when you are working at the junction of the wall to the ceiling. 

The runs had to be sanded out and then I had to roll out some more to fix it.  I don't think this was an anomaly, but I am not buying another gallon to check.  The B-M Regal Select worked well.  I'm sure Sherwin Williams and PPG have similar grades of paint.

I never see it in local stores, but Pratt & Lambert probably has an equivalent. 

But Marquee is Behr's best and there is no option within its line to move up in quality.

(07-20-2021, 10:28 AM)Cooler Wrote: I just bought a Magnum X-7 airless and I used it to paint a room filled with beadboard wainscotting.  If I used a roller I would have then needed to brush and then backroll it.  Spraying seemed like a good idea. 

I had lots of runs with that, but I blamed my technique as it was only the second time I had used the sprayer.  I now think it was at least partially because of the paint.  Those two gallons seemed notably watery too. 

I don't know how paint gets thick.  Is it from the pigments, or do they just throw some corn starch in it?  But whatever it is, the thicker stuff is much easier to cut in, especially when you are working at the junction of the wall to the ceiling. 

The runs had to be sanded out and then I had to roll out some more to fix it.  I don't think this was an anomaly, but I am not buying another gallon to check.  The B-M Regal Select worked well.  I'm sure Sherwin Williams and PPG have similar grades of paint.

I never see it in local stores, but Pratt & Lambert probably has an equivalent. 

But Marquee is Behr's best and there is no option within its line to move up in quality.

Call Behr's customer service, they have been very good before.   Can you check the viscosity before calling them as it may help and if you thinned it any and what with.  Roly
Call Behr they will cover it.  I had a can of burgundy as a trim color, it required 3 coats to cover over white.  I called and they told me that they had problems with that color.  I got a check to cover the 5 gallon bucket.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(07-21-2021, 12:54 AM)Bob10 Wrote: Call Behr they will cover it.  I had a can of burgundy as a trim color, it required 3 coats to cover over white.  I called and they told me that they had problems with that color.  I got a check to cover the 5 gallon bucket.
I think I will do that.
I just bought a gallon for my current project, painting around the built-in. No drips or runs, excellent coverage. I assume you just got a bad batch. It does happen.
I wrote to Behr.  My mistake was writing that I finished the job using Benjamin Moore's Regal Select.  It's been 20 days since I sent my complaint.  No response.  I guess they figure I'm a lost customer and they don't want to waste their time and money on me at this point.  

For years I was a loyal buyer of Behr paint.

I would note that the eggshell, satin and semi-gloss had the same watery consistency.  It does not sound like a bad batch.
I wrote to Behr's customer service on 7/20/21 and received an automatic acknowledgment that they received my comments.

No response after that. 

My mistake, I think, was saying that I had to finish the job with Benjamin Moore's Regal Select.  

Either they don't think that they have a comparable product, or they thought they had lost my business anyway.  But no reply.
Home Depot's Behr Marquee