I usually buy Forrest blades but it seems like there's a long delay when ordering. What 10" TS blade do you use?

They also display "Dampeners-Stiffeners". Has anyone used these and are they productive?
Jim

Freud 24 tooth heavy duty ripping blade. 20 deg hook, positive rack. Note that the teeth chip easily. I've got 2 or 3 chipped teeth in mine. Not worried about it, still cuts excellently and vibrates even less that before.
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
I have the same one Redman uses, a 24 tooth Freud...the LU71. But I only put that one for heavy ripping. There are times when I'll use a Forrest WW2 with 30 teeth for ripping as well.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

(08-15-2021, 10:46 AM)fredhargis Wrote: I have the same one Redman uses, a 24 tooth Freud...the LU71. But I only put that one for heavy ripping. There are times when I'll use a Forrest WW2 with 30 teeth for ripping as well.

Same here
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
I failed to say I use that 24T Freud for half full depth cuts when resawing dimension lumber, it just hums right along. I make 2 cuts to have the blade fully raised.
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
Have a look at http://www.stehle-int.com/stehle/cms/EN/.../web/index
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
My personal choice is the Freud 10" x 24T Thin Kerf Rip Blade (LU87R010). I like the thin kerf because, besides not bogging down as  easily, there are times I can get that extra cut. Been reliable. No burn.
Was living the good retired life on the Lake. Now just living retired.
(08-15-2021, 11:22 AM)Eurekan Wrote: My personal choice is the Freud 10" x 24T Thin Kerf Rip Blade (LU87R010). I like the thin kerf because, besides not bogging down as  easily, there are times I can get that extra cut. Been reliable. No burn.

I’ve ran the same blade, along with its 80 tooth counterpart for cross cuts. I too like the idea of saving material with the thin kerf. Had good results with them both.
Luke

What da heck? It looks like most folks use that blade. I like mine and it's the one that came on the saw. I'm not sure how old it is but it works great for ripping.
I use other Freud blades for everything else.
9.5 fingers and 1 crippled
CMT 24T rip blade for normal stuff.
Freud Glue Line rip 30T for "fine" stuff.
Freud combo blade for plywood and crosscut (with a sled).

It has worked well for me.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
ripping blade