My dad picked up a lot of saws with a bunch of Dissons, but there is a saw we can't figure out! 

The etch is of a man doing a handstand with a bee towards his right (left) foot, flying off towards the handle. 

Split nut, no nib, unsure of Era. 

Photo of etch is included. Thanks for any and all help! Google isn't pulling up anything!

Attached Files Image(s)

It would greatly help if you posted a pic of the handle and the medallion on the handle.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Dad was able to get the medallion cleaned up. So it is a Warranted Superior. But just trying to find out more about it! 

Here are the photos he just sent me of the saw and medallion.

(09-09-2021, 06:56 AM)CharlieNiet Wrote: Dad was able to get the medallion cleaned up. So it is a Warranted Superior. But just trying to find out more about it! 

Here are the photos he just sent me of the saw and medallion.

I had one of these for a while -- during an era when I collected such oddities. At one time, puns were a big thing in saw etches.

HERE is what little exists on the web regarding your saw.

an IMAGE of the etch
Thank you so much!!!!
Seem to recall that Disston put out a secondary line of saws...called IMP......along with a line of "special" saws ...that Disston would etch to whatever the buyer wished...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Hi guys, can you help us identify a handsaw?