A minor glue up this morning. But the stopper for the glue bottle didn't want to budge.
Had to get a pair of pliers and pull the silly thing off.

Saw this somewhere, years back, but never got around to doing it.  Today was the day.

Why did I wait so long?  Who knows.

[attachment=37751]

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me

[attachment=37752]
I did the same a few years ago using a flat piece of aluminum. Works great!
I’ve always had to fight the dang glue bottle cap. Well your creation inspired me to get busy with my solution. I went through the miscellaneous stuff box and found a couple fender washers I liked. Pulled the cap off, chucked the washers in the metal lathe and used a boring bar to cut the hole to a tight fit around the glue cap. So far, all seems to be working well. I made a large and small and haven't decided which I like best.

[attachment=38019]
[attachment=38020]
[attachment=38021]
That's a good idea. I usually just pry it open with a flat screw driver like some kind of cave man.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
I remove the complete cap and soak in water for a bit, then remove the slide part and wash everything up.
Works like new, without using modifications.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(10-01-2021, 06:57 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: I remove the complete cap and soak in water for a bit, then remove the slide part and wash everything up.
Works like new, without using modifications.

TOO TOO MUCH WORK!
Laugh
Laugh

Simon
Just put the cap between your teeth and pull. Just like pulling the pin on a hand grenade.
Big Grin

I just use a mustard bottle.  A friend wanted a piece made a few months ago, and came over to help several times, took photos of the work in progress, and showed them to her husband.  Her husband only had one question to her ,   " Why does he keep mustard in his garage?"

barryvabeachI just use a mustard bottle.  A friend wanted a piece made a few months ago, and came over to help several times, took photos of the work in progress, and showed them to her husband.  Her husband only had one question to her ,   " Why does he keep mustard in his garage?"

Big Grin
Big Grin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(10-01-2021, 07:40 PM)Ray Newman Wrote: Just put the cap between your teeth and pull. Just like pulling the pin on a hand grenade.
Big Grin

I had not thought about how much a glue bottle can be like a hand grenade in the shop.

So...

Just remember, once you pull the pin, Mr. Grenade is not your friend.
Winkgrin
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
should have done it years ago department