Hi folks,
    I'm needing to build some drawer boxes and thinking Baltic birch is a good way to go. The real stuff; not the Chinese made junk from most of the big box stores.
Only want a few sheets so the wholesale places will probably be out of the running.
I am in Cumberland, Md. Draw a circle with Morgantown, Pittsburgh, Frederick and Winchester at the 3,6,9 and 12:00 positions and that's my
reasonable driving range.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jim

(09-30-2021, 10:06 PM)edgy Wrote: Hi folks,
    I'm needing to build some drawer boxes and thinking Baltic birch is a good way to go. The real stuff; not the Chinese made junk from most of the big box stores.
Only want a few sheets so the wholesale places will probably be out of the running.
I am in Cumberland, Md. Draw a circle with Morgantown, Pittsburgh, Frederick and Winchester at the 3,6,9 and 12:00 positions and that's my
reasonable driving range.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jim

Yes.  Go to a lumber yard.  Preferably a hardwood dealer.

(10-01-2021, 07:47 AM)RPE1 Wrote: Yes.  Go to a lumber yard.  Preferably a hardwood dealer.

Ok You did say Pittsburgh try
 http://alleghenyplywood.com/
I have always been able to get just about all the best grades
south vietnam war collage
You might try Hicksville Planing Mill north of Hagerstown. (301) 842-3474

It's been several years since I've been there and I honestly don't remember if they carry sheet goods but they might.

They are Mennonite owned and operated so they don't have a website and they don't always answer their phone but you can get through to them. If you have never been there, you owe it to yourself. They are a major supplier to furniture builders, their prices are very fair and they have no problem letting you dig through their stock. It's worth the call.

[Image: hrr1Sck.png]
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

In Search Of