Why does it sell for so much? Isn't it just an old price list?

What am I missing?
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11

Out of print. And for me, outdated, overrated and overpriced, but that's just me.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

(10-07-2021, 09:50 AM)Admiral Wrote: Out of print.  And for me, outdated, overrated and overpriced, but that's just me.

Isn't everything online anyway?  Granted I have one and am happy to sell at that inflated price but I don't get it. Oh well.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
Found the Book at our Ohio Library System, a good way to check a book out .
What the Heck, Give it a Try
Isn't he coming out with a revised edition? I think I sent him a self addressed stamped envelope last winter to get on a list. Maybe it was a different book, but I haven't heard back yet.

http://stanleytoolsbook.com/

(10-07-2021, 08:28 PM)toolmiser Wrote: Isn't he coming out with a revised edition?  I think I sent him a self addressed stamped envelope last winter to get on a list.  Maybe it was a different book, but I haven't heard back yet.

http://stanleytoolsbook.com/

That rumor has existed for years. I believe someone is collecting stamps.

(10-07-2021, 10:13 PM)Greg Wease Wrote: That rumor has existed for years. I believe someone is collecting stamps.

When I checked out his website, it seems like he is a one man band, likely self-publishing this; one would think with the apparent demand, a publisher would be interested, but it seems there's not one involved.   Seems like an opening for Lost Art Press, but who knows......
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I have a 2nd edition I like to reference from time to time and I was really looking forward to the reprint. I sent in the SASE i'd bet 5 years ago for this latest edition. I even sent in a new SASE in early 2017 after he updated his site stating the Ohio river flooded Marietta to be sure i'd stay on the waiting list. After this amount of time has passed i'm guessing it's not a publisher issue and something more is happening but i'll be happy if it releases someday.
(10-07-2021, 09:40 AM)Scott W Wrote: Why does it sell for so much? Isn't it just an old price list?

What am I missing?
I sold one for 100 bucks over ten years ago...surprised they haven't gone up in price..
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

The main advantage of the book were the type studies of the various tools. Those haven't changed, although the prices for old tools have.
Rick W
John Walter book on stanley tools