Question 
Hi

Wondering what type of tool any of the folks here use to set nails and/or points into a picture frame?

Lots of style and types available, ratings from great to crap....

So I thought I would ask.

Thanks, Mark

(11-09-2021, 02:18 PM)MT Woodworker Wrote: Hi

Wondering what type of tool any of the folks here use to set nails and/or points into a picture frame?

Lots of style and types available, ratings from great to crap....

So I thought I would ask.

Thanks, Mark

I use a point shooter made by Fletcher. It works great.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Channellock pliers of appropriate size, with the jaw touching the outside of the picture frame padded with cardboard or whatever else is at hand; and small brads (like tiny finishing nails).
+1 for the Fletcher point driver.
Thanks for the responses, I will look at the Fletcher, but what Bill mentioned about pliers got me thinking about a modified F-clamp also.
Most picture frame stock is of soft enough wood that you don't need a lot of grunt to put the small brads/pins/whatever you're using in.  If you're making frames from one of the ironwoods, or ebony, then, yes, an F-clamp might be needed; but it will also be slower than pliers or the Fletcher tool.
Picture Frame tool