Anyone know of any issues cutting 1" thick UHMW on the TS or BS?
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood

I have cut 1/2" on the tablesaw without a problem.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
When I had a day job we used a lot of UHMW on our machines. We had a tablesaw for cutting in house, and that's they way our contractors cut it as well. It's a mess, but it works well. We did use a negative hook blade...that's what the local plastic supplier suggested.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

I cut 3/4" UHMW on my TS for my horizontal router mortisers and plane it, too, with standard blades.  No issues.  

John
Slow feed rate or high tooth count could heat up the UHMW to the point of melting it. Don't stop feeding halfway through the cut with the blade running. Less waste with the BS.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Thank you gentleman.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Don't use a "zero-clearance" insert. 

Shaving can get caught and will rub blade.

Cutting Plexi one day on my TS and I noticed a red ring around my blade from the friction!
Uhoh
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Be aware that some varieties will trip a Sawstop.

Cliff
‘The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence
Charles Bukowski

(11-18-2021, 11:13 AM)cpolubin Wrote: Be aware that some varieties will trip a Sawstop.

Cliff

Just use the lockout feature and be very careful if using a Sawstop.

Doug
UHMW