Thoughts?
A friend is asking me what I think.  $500.
Personally, I'd be very hesitant.
Admittedly, I'm biased.  I have a Performax 22-44 that I've used for 10+ years, and like it.
Are there parts available for this unit?

https://lewiston.craigslist.org/tls/d/le...09969.html

TIA
Arnie

Being that it is labeled Craftsman, you know it was made by someone else. It’s probably not all bad.
I would not buy that. It appears to be a copy of the Delta design and it had a number of problems that required numerous parts replacement...and those parts are no longer available. The clips that hold the paper are prone to breakage, the gears that turn the chain to raise/lower the table can break, and the cont roller for the feed belt has a history of failure. Of course, that's all on the Delta model (31-250,and 31-255) and they may be slightly different on the Craftsman.....but why take a chance?
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I most likely wouldn’t buy it either but everyone’s needs and wants are different. Personally, I’d spend a bit more on a better machine if possible.

I bought a Craftsman steel frame BS years ago thinking it would be an upgrade from my nicely tuned CI frame Delta. Nothing could of been further from the truth. The Craftsman wouldn’t hold true and I was constantly adjusting and fighting it. The Craftsman soon moved out and all I accomplished was moving machinery in and out of my basement shop. The older I get, the
less likely I am to gamble, guess or assume when it comes to heavy machinery.

"It appears to be a copy of the Delta design and it had a number of problems that required numerous parts replacement...and those parts are no longer available."

I saw many of the used Delta ones in my search, but avoided them after seeing reviews.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
Craftsman Drum sander is a good sander, but it has a lot of problems. I'm using a Powermatic drum sander, and it's pretty well. I'm satisfied with it. If you have a problem with it, then you can change brand and sawing using benefits. And its design is pretty good.
Craftsman Drum Sander