Question

When members sell books and magazines here - in the US- how do you package to get media mail? E.g a single or couple of magazines? When it gets to many that will fit in a box thats easier I’m assuming but the onesy/ twosys?

Thanks in advance
Andy
"Humble pie was delicious as an abstract motivational tool. But when you have to actually take a bite, it tastes terrible."
Dan Shaughnessy, boston globe on the Patriots loss in Superbowl XLII

Magazines don’t qualify for media rates. At least they didn’t when I was trying to mail them about three years ago. It’ was books only.
Media mail excludes material "...containing...advertising matter other than incidental announcements of books. Advertising includes paid advertising and the publishers‘ own advertising in display, classified, or editorial style."  So, no magazines.
Ok - thanks - that’s really good to know

Trying to figure out if it’s worth it to sell and shipp.

I guess it needs to be a bulk sale via flat rate box to be worth it for the buyer.
"Humble pie was delicious as an abstract motivational tool. But when you have to actually take a bite, it tastes terrible."

(11-21-2021, 10:47 AM)identity_crisis Wrote: Ok - thanks - that’s really good to know

Trying to figure out if it’s worth it to sell and shipp.

I guess it needs to be a bulk sale via flat rate box to be worth it for the buyer.

Best call the post office to be sure..IIRC, out of date magazines were OK to send via media mail..just not those that were current. But the rules may have changed since I last mailed any. I think if I had a lot of them to s.h.i.p. to one person, I would use flat rate...it may be cheaper in the long run.
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

RE., Media Mail: 

“Economy shipping solution for media items. Contents are restricted to books, sound recordings, recorded video tapes, printed music, recorded computer-readable media (such as CDs and DVDs).

“Features
  • Available for sending small and large packages containing books, film, manuscripts, sound recordings, video tapes, and computer media (such as CDs, DVDs, and diskettes) only.

Media Mail cannot contain advertising. Books shipping as Media Mail may contain incidental book announcements

• Packages can weigh up to 70 lbs. and measure up to 108 inches in combined length and distance around the thickest part.
    • A surcharge may be applied to certain items; including printed matter over 25 pounds.
  • Presorted rates are available for bulk quantities (at least 300 pieces).”
Read all 'bout it: https://faq.usps.com/s/article/What-is-M...-Book-Rate

Within the12-18 months, I shipped some books. Postal Clerk told me: (a) magazines cannot be sent via Media Meal, and (b) USPO can open and inspect Media Mail.
It’s mind boggling how complex the mail is today.
Woodworking books and magazines