Where did Robo Hippy go? I wanted to look at one of his tool rests that go on a grinder that I saw in a video and I can’t find anything online. It looked like a nice unit. 

Jeff
It's time for the patriots to stand up!

(12-12-2021, 07:18 PM)AztecKing Wrote: Where did Robo Hippy go? I wanted to look at one of his tool rests that go on a grinder that I saw in a video and I can’t find anything online. It looked like a nice unit. 

Jeff

Mr Hippy shut his business down 6-12 months ago. The note on his website said he decided to "retire".

"I was drinking last night when I first read this and did not care. Now this morning, I still don't."   halfmychite 9/6/12

He did retire, but I read somewhere that his design will be brought to market by someone else soon.  Hang tight.
He is a great guy and he game me all of his rests and they are excellent to use.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
He still posts regularly over at SMC.

Gary
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Thanks everybody for the responses.  I'll go over to SMC and check on the guy.  

Jeff
(12-12-2021, 07:18 PM)AztecKing Wrote: Where did Robo Hippy go? I wanted to look at one of his tool rests that go on a grinder that I saw in a video and I can’t find anything online. It looked like a nice unit. 

Jeff

I have 2 of his rests. work great. Don't know why anyone would need anything else

(02-01-2022, 08:41 AM)PVW Wrote: I have 2 of his rests. work great. Don't know why anyone would need anything else

The best reason I know is that they didn't get around to getting one while they were being made.
Sigh DAMHIK
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.

(02-02-2022, 07:44 PM)iclark Wrote: The best reason I know is that they didn't get around to getting one while they were being made.
Sigh DAMHIK

That’s me!
Did you ever catch up with the guy that made these tool rests over on the other site, and if so, did he have any input on if someone else was going to continue to make them? I saw today for the first time and it looked pretty slick.
Robo Hippy