Never been a fan of the spray on furniture polish/wax. I feel that it attracts dust based on when my mother used it weekly on her nice furniture. On my most recent project. A box for cremation remains, I’m using mahogany with a coat of Watch golden oak then 4-5 coats of Arm-R-Seal. Was wondering if a couple coats of Pledge (or another brand) might be a nice before turning it over to the person I’m making it for. Also considering paste wax but I seem to have problems rubbing that out to get a nice smooth sheen.

Looking for thoughts from others here.

Thanks!

Consider applying the paste wax with 0000 steel wool after your finish cures. Buff it off with a cotton rag. This has worked well for me with wipe on poly. I wouldn’t even consider Pledge or similar.

(01-12-2022, 12:37 AM)Kansas City Fireslayer Wrote: Consider applying the paste wax with 0000 steel wool after your finish cures.  Buff it off with a cotton rag.  This has worked well for me with wipe on poly.  I wouldn’t even consider Pledge or similar.

Same here, I wouldn't allow Pledge (or a relative) in the shop. The paste wax problem may be a matter of technique.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

I have never found an easier to use paste wax than Lundmark.  Made in USA, too.  Easy to apply, easy to wipe off, fingerprints don't show.  Amazing stuff.  

John
Great thanks! I’ll try applying the wax with steel wool
agreed - no pledge

try guardman furniture cleaner for regular cleaning- no silicone

jerry
I like a little orange oil on a rag for cleaning my pre cat lacquer cabinets.

Well I used 0000 steel wool to apply the wax with a cotton rag to buff out. Came out nice and smooth! I’ll use this technique going forward.

Thanks for the tip!!
Pledge or other spray on polish