Out of lumber right so...older Project..

Decided these needed a better place to stay, than rolling around in a drawer, somewhere...

Gathered some tools..had a bit of scrap I could use for a box...

Needed to know how big the box would be...

4 sides about ready to go...through dovetails...grooves go all the way around...test fit..

Needed to know where to make a cut, so the lid could be sawn off, after the glue up was done..

Wasn't that hard to do.

I did have to plane the saw marks off, so the lid would fit better..

Add some hinges, and see about dividers to house the chisels...

By turning the chisels 90 degrees, room for an eighth chisel appeared...

Added some foam and some wooden pads to hold the chisels in place....

Stay tuned for the finished case..
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that

A case to hold the shop's Extra chisels in....instead of rattling around in a drawer..
[attachment=39907]
From the back.   Wood Poplar. panels for the top and bottom are 1/4"  plywood.  Stain is called Gunstock..
[attachment=39908]
Simple latch up in front..
[attachment=39909]
Added handles on the ends, makes it easy to pick up and carry..
[attachment=39910]
What the stain started out as....a might TOO red...dialed it back a bit..
[attachment=39911]
Seemed to look a bit better...

Just a way to store a few "extra" chisels....until needed.  Nothing all that fancy..
I like Derek's better, but that's just me.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

(01-12-2022, 09:40 AM)Admiral Wrote: I like Derek's better, but that's just me.

Um. Ok...
T.J.
Head Piddler, My Shop
Central Arkansas
His is more to show off with....mine was a simple way to store tools.   His was to hold a set...mine was to simply hold the shop's extra chisels. 

Apples to oranges....
I like Derek's use of magnets (I have never had problems with that), but I also like how you can pack more chisels in a box by alternating them.

His is to impress (isn't that why we want to build?.....if not, go buy and not build); yours is to serve a functional need (also why we build). But too nice a box, I might not want to put it to use at all. Each has its own place is what I'm trying to say.

Simon
I like it. I like the hinged top and the absence of magnets (magnets do funny things when you are sharpening). I also like the general look of your shop: seems like the perfect environment to enjoy a cold beer and talk all things WW.
I like how you protected the sharp ends or the cutty ends.  Also nice to keep them from rattling around.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Blast from the past