As I was raising the router lift last night in order to change bits the router carriage suddenly dropped down. Fortunately there's a lock nut on the threaded rod so it didn't drop free  from the assembly. After lifting it out of the router table I discovered that the threads on part of the threaded rod we filled. Using the tip of a utility knife blade I was able to work the material out of the threads of the rod, obviously the debris came from the brass carriage nut. This morning I removed the nut, found that there was little left of the threads, and went to the Jessem website to order a replacement num. I thought that twenty dollars for a replacement was a little steep, but having no choice I continued the ordering process, and discovered that the shipping would be $21.95! Called Jessem customer service to verify that was actually what the shipping charge would be, was informed that the only shipping service they use is UPS, and that is what UPS would charge for the delivery. With the router table now out of service I went ahead and ordered the part, not having been able to find any source within the US that would have the required part.

Attached Files Image(s)

Question. Did you notice the lift screw getting "tight" as you raised to change a bit? Mine is not as smooth as before. Just wondering.

(01-14-2022, 09:52 AM)jeffss Wrote: Question. Did you notice the lift screw getting "tight" as  you raised to change a bit? Mine is not as smooth as before. Just wondering.

Didn't notice any change in operation until two days ago when I was raising the bit and it came to a stop. Put some more pressure on the handle, no movement, a bit of pressure to lower it when the carriage suddenly dropped.  You might want to check the threaded shaft, see if there's any accumulation of brass in the threads. If so you're probably going to experience the same issue, might be a good time to order the threaded brass nut so you won't have down time with the router as you wait for the replacement when it actually fails.
(01-14-2022, 09:52 AM)jeffss Wrote: Question. Did you notice the lift screw getting "tight" as you raised to change a bit? Mine is not as smooth as before. Just wondering.
I have noticed this on mine (MastRLift II).

I'm not sure what it means, guess I should call Jessem.

(01-17-2022, 12:36 PM)rwe2156 Wrote: I have noticed this on mine (MastRLift II).

I'm not sure what it means, guess I should call Jessem.

So I did an inspection on the under side and found the last inch of the screw was pretty gummed up. I cleaned the threads and things are smooth again. I've only had it a few weeks so it looks like this is going to be a routine cleaning. Did not see metal shavings.
Which router lift do you have; the regular Rout-R-Lift or the Mast-R-Lift?

(01-17-2022, 11:35 AM)FrankAtl Wrote: Which router lift do you have; the regular Rout-R-Lift or the Mast-R-Lift?

Rout-R-Lift

(01-18-2022, 08:41 PM)thewalnutguy Wrote: Rout-R-Lift

turns out it's actually the Mast-R-lift, and that I ordered the wrong nut, will probably cost more to return it than it's worth as Jessem is in Canada. If anyone can use the round nut without the detent, pay the postage and I'll mail it to him or her.
jessem router lift parts