Hi Woodneter,

many of you will know, that I still make saws about 6-8 a year.
(Just for fun. Booked til the end of summer.)

Klaus and I owe this forum a lot, we got a lot of help and feedback here.

So just for your fun I post some pictures of my latest saw:

[Image: AVvXsEiSPIpQuCV9_WRRc_WeFH79_Fs_vgybvZsq...EPi1i=s600]

[Image: AVvXsEjrK12x02YsFkCrzP7Gk-kVwBnmW4KONtU2...aYwPx=s600]

[Image: AVvXsEhRyjtibHhqYSEEm39Xt9AaYiZCk-6rdByz...y8k-V=s600]

[Image: AVvXsEhrNF-Vq4dSBhFagMzSEha70uRyhn-Hsdi6...XZWjY=s600]

Hope you enjoyed it.

Cheers
Pedder

I've never seen more beautiful work than yours. Full stop. Perfect in every way as far as I'm concerned.
These are magnificent saws. They are beautifully made. But the truth is that they perform even better than they look. Outstanding examples of the saw-makers craft. (And Pedder gets extra credit for the photography and lighting of his saws: Excellent!)
Beautiful work Pedder. The smooth, curves and rounded edges of this handle example remind me that there appear to be two schools of design. The other is the chiselled lines of - let's call it, for want of a name - the "Groves" school (of which I recently posted an example). I like both, but always imagine that (your) rounded style is more comfortable to hold. I own and have made both styles, and they both work equally. On balance, I prefer the rounded style you make, which emphasises the flowing lines, which you do best of all saw makers. My compliments!

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Absolutely gorgeous saw, Pedder. You just might give lawyers a good name. 
Laugh
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Wow, Thank you guys for the nice words!

Phil the light is very primitive on that picture. Just the light from the ceiling and an extra for close work. But Phones get this cool cameras...

Derek, I like mthe saw with the chiseled lines, too. Shane Skelton does that. But it is motly a question of the order of sanding steps.
This is half way that:
[Image: AVvXsEhueFcJ-4FALycyyFjz_ug4V01x3NjK69fp...AVOuA=s600]

Cheers
Pedder

Pedder
Derek, I like mthe saw with the chiseled lines, too. Shane Skelton does that. But it is motly a question of the order of sanding steps.

Cheers
Pedder

Pedder, you are correct. Shane makes saws in the same style - likely that we are both modelling here on Groves.

The saw below is referred to a the "St Paul's Cathedral Saw", and sold for a mere £2,850!

[Image: Shane-Skelton-St-Paul-s-Cathedral-Saw.jpg]

That has strong similarities to the one I posted ...

[Image: 1.jpg]

Below is his London ...

[Image: c5f4bd_ba64e379c6214d81ad3087a92af3dcb6~mv2.jpg]

Interestingly, this is also 17 tpi, 0.015" thick plate and his is a 52 degree hang (I tend to go for a 50 degree hang).

Are you making thin plate saws, and what hang do you prefer?

Here are a couple of others I have made, more rounded like your second example. These are filed crosscut ...

Joinery saw (9") ...

[Image: Joinery-Saw.jpg]

Carcase saw (11") ...

[Image: Carcase-saw.jpg]

And a chiseled small mitre box saw (14") ..

[Image: MFMitrebox-Rebuild-html-m7c4cc0bd.jpg]

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Simply the nicest saws to come from any modern maker in the past several decades. The metal work is extraordinary (I know a little bit about metal work).
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Looks way too pretty,  at least for use in MY shop....
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that

(03-13-2022, 11:14 AM)bandit571 Wrote: Looks way too pretty,  at least for use in MY shop....
Winkgrin

Not way too pretty but way too expensive for you!

Just teasing.

I don't like super fancy looking tools as they are too beautiful to be dented , scratched etc. The only to keep the boutique tools from cosmetic damages is not to use them! But I dont buy tools to look at, I use them. That's why I'm never a customer of blue spruce tools and the like. And that includes bridge city toys.

I spend money on premium, quality, ordinary looking tools and use them.

Simon
saw making