I am still planning my new shop.  I doubt I get it done this year since material costs are OUTRAGEOUS but trying to get everything planned out.
I will have a finishing/spray room so that dust issues are minimized. 
I plan to have powered ventilation with filtered air as a replacement supply.  Kind of like the spray booths I have seen for painting cars.

The other day, I thought that if I was spraying multiple parts, having only one room might be a problem.
If the ventilation is adequate, can I keep spraying in the same space where the previously sprayed parts are located?

Presently, my shop is split into two rooms, neither is a dedicated spray room.
I cover all my machinery and spray in one area.  I then carry the pieces into the other area and put it on racks.
There are doors separating the two areas and I keep the doors closed except when I am transferring parts.

If two separate areas is the way to go then I have to rethink or modify my design.

Thanks,

Toney

If you have enough exhaust you can place wet parts on a rack w/o worry.  It's really as simple as that.  The more thorough answer, however, is that you can't spray towards that rack and expect the exhaust to keep overspray from getting on the parts.  The way to eliminate that possibility is to use a turntable and always and only spray towards the exhaust fan.  In a commercial spray booth I think you need a face velocity of something like 100 fpm to carry away the overspray, so if the area where you are spraying is 8' wide and 7' tall, you would need a fan with 5600 cfm to give you a velocity of 100 fpm.  Pretty large, to be sure.  I have about 1200 cfm and the frontal area is nearly the same, but I have no issues with overspray landing on the work, so the commercial requirement is overkill IMO.  However, I carry sprayed parts away because there's no room for a rack, and that eliminates any concerns or overspray.  FWIW, I vacuum up my shop before spraying, but it's by no means dust free, and I have no issues with dust getting onto freshly sprayed parts.  I spray shellac and waterbornes.  Some of the WB products take 10 or 15 minutes to skin over, too.  

John
I had illusions of leaving finished items in my spray room as I continued to spray.  In reality it did not work for me.  My spray room is 9' x 13' 8" and has an explosion proof exhaust fan.  But in the end there was never enough room to leave stuff in there while I continued spraying.  So I do like John.  I do a quick vacuum of the dust around where I am going to place things to dry (usually the table saw and outfeed table).  Then I put one thing in the room, spray it, and bring it back out and set it on the saw to dry.  Repeat.  I will quite often leave the last thing sprayed in the finishing room to dry just to avoid moving it.  If I plan correctly that will be the biggest and hardest thing to maneuver.
Thank you gentlemen.

My room is 7 1/2' x 10 1/2' x 9' high.  So I think I could a drying rack on the end, the fan on the side and spray towards it.

Either that or I could make a drying rack on wheels, carry each piece out after spraying and then when all done move the rack back in the room to dry.

I did as you said you do Brent but I would like to be able to spray, seal off the room and continue to work in the rest of the shop.
I almost exclusively spray pre-cat lacquer which dries very fast.  As a hobbiest I have never been in such a hurry that I needed to start making saw dust again before I felt the sprayed parts were dry enough to not have dust stick to them.  If you are trying to make a living at it then a different mentality would apply.
Spray room