Hi Guys

I'm actually not a new member, I've been a member since 2001 but for some reason I could no longer sign in because the system did not accept my password. In the case I forgot my password the recovery system in place did not work. I never would receive an email. Any how many of you old time members should recall me Timberwerks Studio. Now that that is cleared up I'll be making a couple listings here in Swap & Sell.

First:

Ebony knife scales / flats. Each piece is approximately 7" x 1.25" x .5". A pack of 8 shipped via Priority Mail is $50.00.

[attachment=41652]

[attachment=41653]

I sent you a PM and an email so that we can get you back into your old account.

We will keep this account open until we can merge the 2 or until you do not need this one to complete your sale and delivery in SnS.

Ivan
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.

(04-16-2022, 09:49 PM)iclark Wrote: I sent you a PM and an email so that we can get you back into your old account.

We will keep this account open until we can merge the 2 or until you do not need this one to complete your sale and delivery in SnS.

Ivan

Thanks Ivan! I sent you an email.
The scales arrived today - very fast shipping and easy communications. The scales are truly black - excellent quality.
It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. - Voltaire
Know what, Bob? You win. CharlieD, 4/21/2008
I salute you. Hail MGoBlue! Hail MGoBlue! Hail MGoBlue!!!! CRR, 2/19/2008

(04-20-2022, 06:07 PM)MGoBlue1984 Wrote: The scales arrived today - very fast shipping and easy communications.  The scales are truly black - excellent quality.
I agree, mine looks XLNT and I may owe Timberworks as it seems I have extra.

Quick arrival, XLNT service, great communication. Easy to deal with. I saw his Krenov plates in another thread, they look XLNT. I'm good to get the ebony though, by itself.

[attachment=41847]
Alan
Geometry was the most critical/useful mathematics class I had, and it didn't even teach me mathematics.

(04-25-2022, 11:16 PM)TraditionalToolworks Wrote: I agree, mine looks XLNT and I may owe Timberworks as it seems I have extra.

Quick arrival, XLNT service, great communication. Easy to deal with. I saw his Krenov plates in another thread, they look XLNT. I'm good to get the ebony though, by itself.

Thanks Alan!

I do have more scales left if anyone else is interested.

(04-26-2022, 03:25 PM)Timberwerks Studio Wrote: Thanks Alan!

I do have more scales left if anyone else is interested.
You're welcome, thanks for the quick service!

These look good to me, so much can be done with these. I haven't worked any of it, but I wanted to make sure I had enough for Greene & Greene style plugs and splines, and ebony is in a class of it's own for certain things. Color looks good. I like this stuff with French polish. Perfect match with ivory, if you like feeling like a piano! I do!
Big Grin

I don't see it too often, one place used to get it in locally went out of business. Even on Ebay, varies quite a bit. These are decent. A hand plane will do wonders on these chucks.

The scales can almost be cut in half, I bet you could do that with a fret saw. But for some scales on handles there's enough thickness that they could be cut down on a band/hand/fret saw to maximize it. Even the sawdust is valuable! LOL I do plan to use pyramid plugs and splines on cabinets I'll be building so wanted to have more, just for comfort. If you look at larger pieces there are more varying colors, that the eye can see easier, I never see any that is entirely pitch black, but this is looks pretty uniformly dark.

Thanks again! This forum is not a good place for me to hang out on...
Alan
Geometry was the most critical/useful mathematics class I had, and it didn't even teach me mathematics.
I do have 6 more packs of 8 available if anyone is interested. These are great for Greene & Greene projects.
PM sent

Just adding to make 17 characters...

(05-06-2022, 07:07 AM)emerlem Wrote: PM sent

Just adding to make 17 characters...

Thank you, happy they arrived and your pleased!
Gaboon Ebony Scales / Flats