hi guys a quick question. im in the market for a track saw and looking at the Makita one. problem being its really hard to find a 118" track and was wondering if any owners could chime in and tell me how is it when you attach 
2x 55" together? does the edge remain true? are their slight "bumps" when you run the saw over the connection?

i had the wen saw and really liked it. i had to take off 1.5" from a 6x4 and i couldn't do it on the table saw and the cut was super nice. so decided to get a better one so it last longer.

any and all help is appreciated. thank you 

Lean

There is another active thread about joining tracks (DeWalt). I have Bosch tracks and have never had any trouble butting my 2 55"s together to form a nice straight track. Just wanted to make sure you were aware that if you had any concerns about track quality, you could choose Festool tracks for your Makita saw. There are reviews that say the Festool tracks are a tiny bit straighter.

No bumps on the Bosch tracks. FWIW, I have older, cheaper, tracks and a cheap non-plunge cutting 18V circular saw (CS180). I've been doing mostly carpentry (and windows) with this set up and love it. When I get to kitchen cabinets, I'll switch to the Makita cordless saw and will have to decide on tracks then.
(05-01-2022, 02:45 AM)Leandre Wrote: hi guys a quick question. im in the market for a track saw and looking at the Makita one. problem being its really hard to find a 118" track and was wondering if any owners could chime in and tell me how is it when you attach 
2x 55" together? does the edge remain true? are their slight "bumps" when you run the saw over the connection?

i had the wen saw and really liked it. i had to take off 1.5" from a 6x4 and i couldn't do it on the table saw and the cut was super nice. so decided to get a better one so it last longer.

any and all help is appreciated. thank you 

Lean

Get these :
https://tsoproducts.com/accessories/grc-...onnectors/

leave a very slight gap between the rails when you join them.

There should be no bumps at the joint - if there are you need to swap out one of the rails for one that is in tolerance (no bump)
thanks everyone for the replies

@ Cabinet Monkey ohhh thanks for this. ive saved it for a later time. decided to leave the track saw for now. i'll just keep the wen one for now and get a planer + dado break for the table saw instead.

@ adamcherubini i looked at the bosch track saw too and i really like it. the main selling point for me was the longer track for long cuts but if people are saying that butting two together is good enough then i'll give food for thought when its time to upgrade.

(05-02-2022, 10:07 AM)Leandre Wrote: thanks everyone for the replies

@ Cabinet Monkey ohhh thanks for this. ive saved it for a later time. decided to leave the track saw for now. i'll just keep the wen one for now and get a planer + dado break for the table saw instead.

@ adamcherubini i looked at the bosch track saw too and i really like it. the main selling point for me was the longer track for long cuts but if people are saying that butting two together is good enough then i'll give food for thought when its time to upgrade.

those TSO connectors should work on WEN rails too.
I have the makita track saw. I join the two tracks together with Makita's connector. There's only one bar in it.
It works fine for me. I cut up sheets of plywood and IMO the edge is fine when two tracks are hooked together.

(05-03-2022, 04:07 PM)paul2004 Wrote: I have the makita track saw. I join the two tracks together with Makita's connector. There's only one bar in it.
It works fine for me.  I cut up sheets of plywood and IMO the edge is fine when two tracks are hooked together.

All of the connectors work  “fine”.

The TSO ones work better than that. 
Yes
Makita Track saw question.