my Delta dust collector will not power up.  It buzzes like it always has as it powers up, but instead of starting it will either trip the onboard circuit breaker or pop the one in the box.

The impeller spins freely, its not bound up, so I'm guessing its probably the start capacitor?

Thoughts?
"Oh. Um, l-- look, i-- i-- if we built this large wooden badger" ~ Sir Bedevere

(05-05-2022, 09:45 AM)Large Wooden Badger Wrote: my Delta dust collector will not power up.  It buzzes like it always has as it powers up, but instead of starting it will either trip the onboard circuit breaker or pop the one in the box.

The impeller spins freely, its not bound up, so I'm guessing its probably the start capacitor?

Thoughts?

Most likely it is the start capacitor.  Have you looked at it ? if it is bulged it is the issue.   If you can safely spin the impeller and then turn on power before it stops it should start up.  If it does, the issue is in the starting circuit,  capacitor or centrifugal switch.   Roly
I had a shaper just do this and after getting a new capacitor I learned it was the starting points that was actually the issue, easy to fix.
Start Capacitor?