You will thank me later.
I replaced a shower valve yesterday and the manufacturer provided a sticker with model number. I put it on the back of the trim plate.
Recently I helped Goalie replace the cartridge s in two showers. The worst part was figuring out brand and model.
Going forward I will make sure to mark model and brand on trim pieces or supply lines.
A simple thing that can save so much grief later

(05-13-2022, 09:32 AM)goaliedad Wrote: You will thank me later.
I replaced a shower valve yesterday and the manufacturer provided a sticker with model number. I put it on the back of the trim plate.
Recently I helped Goalie replace the cartridge s in two showers. The worst part was figuring out brand and model.
Going forward I will make sure to mark model and brand on trim pieces or supply lines.

Hail!   I'll thank you now!

Good tip!!!
Dumber than I appear

I use a label maker to put that info in the cabinet by the kitchen faucet and in vanity.   Of course it does not prevent the plumbing gods to still require several trips to the store.  Roly
i started just tossing info like that in file(s). Working on combing in the basic info into one file. I also go out and grab a pdf of any instructions and the like that the company has. Put all of these in a folder labeled fileCabinet with subfolders like instructions. Periodically back up the folder. Makes it easy to keep track of what I have, it's all in one spot and I don't have to worry about a label falling off.

It also makes it easier to add part numbers. Replaced the ignitor for my oven recently. Tossed the description and part number below the oven model and serial number. Also added the year I replaced it so I can tell how long something lasted.
mark
Ignorance is bliss -- I'm very, very happy

I take a picture of everything.   
Yes
Label plumbing fixtures