[attachment=42620]This one will be a bit different type of piece for me as I'm going for a more modern feel / look. This is just the start of the first section of several parts. This Teak cylinder is 4 1/2" x 9 1/2" 1/8" thick wall.

Big Grin 
Interesting start.

I look forward to seeing progress.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Okay everyone the progress continues on my new WIP. I'm just about done carving out the first side. You can see in the photos some of the hand tools being used to carve the tear drops to a point. The first step is to make ta hole using a Dremel and a rotary cutter, then the Flexcut knife to cut the point. You will also see the layout of side two. This is just the start of the first section of several parts. This Teak cylinder is 4 1/2" x 9 1/2" 1/8" thick wall.
I have little experience with teak and cannot imagine carving it.  You have done other projects with teak, so clearly, you have no problems with the wood.
Looking forward to seeing the next stages.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood

(06-10-2022, 06:41 PM)Bill Holt Wrote: I have little experience with teak and cannot imagine carving it.  You have done other projects with teak, so clearly, you have no problems with the wood.
Looking forward to seeing the next stages.

Bill it carves very well and sands even better, I'll be sure to post the next phases photos here.
Lots of holes !! The precision carving continues, I have pierced almost all of the holes in this first section of the project. Now I have to hand carve the rest of the tear drop away with knives and clean them all up smooth.
It is a cool looking piece so far.

(06-18-2022, 02:49 PM)Bill Holt Wrote: It is a cool looking piece so far.

Thank you Bill,  In the next phase I will be cutting the cylinder apart into two pieces, the cut lines are already drawn on the piece.
My WIP continues to evolve: I have finished cutting the vast majority of the tear drop holes and have cleaned them up some what, more fine tuning yet to come. Then I have sliced the whole cylinder in half and cleaned it a bit as well. I have photos of me carving the V section of the teardrop and cutting the piece apart if anyone wants to see that let me know.
Bruce, you know we want to see pictures of your process!!!!!!!!!
NEW WIP