My Delta finally burned out, parts are discontinued. I've been looking at the Dewalt 735.

Is there a dust chut available for this model.

Reviews on this product is appreciated.

Thanks

Jim
Jim

I doubt if any other benchtop planer has received more outstanding reviews than the DW735. It is very easy to adapt to any dust collection system although I would not use a shop vac.

(06-08-2022, 11:22 AM)sweensdv2 Wrote: I doubt if any other benchtop planer has received more outstanding reviews than the DW735.  It is very easy to adapt to any dust collection system although I would not use a shop vac.

As for the reviews, that's what I thought. As for the dust collection, on my Delta I had to purchase a dust chute to connect to my 4" hose that connects to a central DC collection system. Will have to purchase a chute seperatley?

Thanks

Jim
Jim
The dust port shoots straight out the back which I didn't much care for.  I ended up buying a PVC DWV long sweep 90° street elbow(HxS) and an additional adapter to attach to my 4" dust hose.  The spigot end of the elbow fits over the factory outlet of the planer.

[attachment=42678]

(06-08-2022, 12:09 PM)sweensdv2 Wrote: The dust port shoots straight out the back which I didn't much care for.  I ended up buying a PVC DWV long sweep 90° street elbow(HxS) and an additional adapter to attach to my 4" dust hose.  The spigot end of the elbow fits over the factory outlet of the planer.

Not to sound to stupid, but it looks like I'll need a standard 4" PVC elbow with a Dewalt attachment that'll go from the ejection port on the planer to 4" PVC fitting. Is this right?

Jim
Jim

(06-08-2022, 01:35 PM)Halfathumb Wrote: Not to sound to stupid, but it looks like I'll need a standard 4" PVC elbow with a Dewalt attachment that'll go from the ejection port on the planer to 4" PVC fitting. Is this right?

Jim

I used Rockler's Fernco (imitation, probably) to 4" Dust Right if i recall correctly.  The Rockler fittings aren't cheap, but compared to the time i used to spend trying to match stuff up I've switched everything over to them.  The chip ejector on the DW735 will spit chips pretty far without a DC--but DC hekos contain the mess!!  Just don't forget to turn it on.
earl
Speaking 'bout the DeWalt 735 planer, what is the country of origin? 

I know several who claim it is made in the US. When I asked if it is really USA made or assembled in the US from from foreign and domestic parts, I receive the "I dunno look".

(06-08-2022, 12:46 PM)Ray Newman Wrote: Speaking 'bout the DeWalt 735 planer, what is the country of origin? 

I know several who claim it is made in the US. When I asked if it is really USA made or assembled in the US from from foreign and domestic parts, I receive the "I dunno look".

Ray,

I've pretty much have given up on trying to find things that are 100% USA made. Parts, at the least, are imported.

Jim
Jim
Had this unit for many years: excellent machine. The guy that designed the knife change system gets 3 gold stars! I believe my machine was made in Taiwan.
I've had mine for 15 years and have been very happy with it. I recently upgraded to a spiral cutter head and would highly recommend it before you buy your first set of replacement knives.

I highly recommend the Wixley or some other digital height gauge.

I did use mine enough that I wore through parts of the chip impeller housing and chips started entering the interior. I forgot how much the replacement parts were, but they were not bad at all. With the amount of use, I consider it just normal wear.

Even though the bottom is galvanized, waxing it helps boards feed through.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
DW735 Planer