I bought a Keen Kutter K8 C a couple of years ago. It had a busted frog. I was doing some deep cleaning and I found a frog from a Bedrock 608 round side that I forgot I had. I know remember when I got it I was kicking myself in the behind for getting it. Anyway I started stripping the plane today. There is enough of the blade left to tickle the top of the blade on the grinder and the chip breaker isn't to pitted up, but I am kind of thinking a new chip breaker and a A PM-V11 blade would be nice. A # 8 isn't a plane one uses every day so I am still unsure what I will do.  

I remember finding the plane as far back as one could go in the basement of an antique store on a lower shelf tucked back behind a coupe of other planes.  I paid $35 and I was so excited to find it at the cost they were asking I missed the frog being busted. Anyway today is reresection Thursday.

[attachment=43111]

[attachment=43112]

[attachment=43113]

I have a #3 that I have been wanting to do, so I might as well do them both at the same time.

-Tom,  that is a great find at a great price.
Nice!!!
I've only ever found 2 No. 8 sizes in the wild.   I got both, for $5 each, at a Flea Market, maybe 5-7 years ago.   I've since moved both along, but what a memory.
Chris
Seems like a great project, Tom - looking forward to following along. I have a 6 & 7, no 8.

Doug
Will need photos of the K8 in action?
Until then...
[attachment=43115]
When the boards are long enough..
[attachment=43116]
This Bailey Stanley No. 8c will do....
[attachment=43117]

Compared to a #5 sized jack plane..
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
I also found a #7 Wards planet that has been in the wings for to long. Everything on the plane tells me it was made by Stanley, right down the the grog adjusting screw. I also decided to do a Bailey #3 so I will be busy for a couple of days. I do not know if I can save the iron or chip breaker on the #3 yet. But I did get all three completely stripped today.

[attachment=43269]

[attachment=43270]

[attachment=43271]

[attachment=43272]

Tom
I never knew grog was adjustable.  I always assumed that you drank it as it came to you.

(07-13-2022, 03:52 PM)Bill_Houghton Wrote: I never knew grog was adjustable.  I always assumed that you drank it as it came to you.

I will admit that spelling isn't my strong suit and I am up yo 10 words a minute typing

Tom
Looking forward to seeing the finished products
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Grog is adjustable....in the amount of Rum that goes inside the pint of water...

"Splice the Main Brace!"
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
My some what new K8C