I'm happy to say all the planes from batch 2 are now on the way to their owners. Batch 3 will start tomorrow, as many as you now know these could take 6 - 10 weeks to complete due to my work schedule. If the time frame is not an issue for you and you would like to reserve one please send me a note. After more closely keeping track of time and materials I need to adjust the price of these to $150.00, Priority Shipping to address in contiguous USA included. All plane bodies, hybrid wedge pins and wedges will be Gaboon Ebony. Brass rod is now used for the hybrid pin. Sides can be Gaboon Ebony, East Indian Rosewood, Bubinga, Curly Maple, Cocobolo, Bocote, Jatoba, or Paduk. If you prefer you can order your plane with a hybrid wedge pin and/or wedge from any of these woods as well. If no mention is made the Gaboon Ebony hybrid pin and wedge will be the standard default.

I'm also happy to say that better photos will now be included with these updates. As an example shown below is an all Ebony plane.

Thanks Guys!

[attachment=43141]

(07-03-2022, 01:29 PM)Timberwerks Studio Wrote: I just received mine in all-ebony, and it's a work of art.  I'm very pleased.  What a beautiful little tool.

Thomas

Hi Thomas, so happy to read it arrived and that you are pleased! I spend some time on the Hock blades to get them sharp but you may like to hone it a bit more or put a micro bevel on it. The blade and wedge can actually be held in place with firm thumb pressure so a hammer strike really isn't needed as compared to a larger Krenov style plane. I hope you enjoy using your's as much as I enjoy using mine.

Thanks Again!
(07-03-2022, 01:29 PM)Timberwerks Studio Wrote: I'm happy to say all the planes from batch 2 are now on the way to their owners. Batch 3 will start tomorrow, as many as you now know these could take 6 - 10 weeks to complete due to my work schedule. If the time frame is not an issue for you and you would like to reserve one please send me a note. After more closely keeping track of time and materials I need to adjust the price of these to $150.00, Priority Shipping to address in contiguous USA included. All plane bodies, hybrid wedge pins and wedges will be Gaboon Ebony. Brass rod is now used for the hybrid pin. Sides can be Gaboon Ebony, East Indian Rosewood, Bubinga, Curly Maple, Cocobolo, Bocote, Jatoba, or Paduk. If you prefer you can order your plane with a hybrid wedge pin and/or wedge from any of these woods as well. If no mention is made the Gaboon Ebony hybrid pin and wedge will be the standard default.

I'm also happy to say that better photos will now be included with these updates. As an example shown below is an all Ebony plane.

Thanks Guys!
Mine, ebony & Curly Maple, arrived in great shape and it's BEAUTIFUL!!!
Thanks, Ed

(07-06-2022, 12:31 AM)dry heat Wrote: Mine, ebony & Curly Maple, arrived in great shape and it's BEAUTIFUL!!!
Thanks, Ed

Thanks for the update!
Ivan C, can you send me another PM so if needed I can contact you? My saved PM's are no longer in my mailbox, payment received.

Thanks!
Hi Guys! Just a note to say that if you would like to reserve a plane from batch III please let me know by Sunday evening 7/16 since I'll be placing an order for the blades next week. Batch III will actually be the final batch. Reason being, once the end of August comes around my spare time will be spent bucking, splitting and stacking Ash for burning this Winter. Come late Fall & Winter my time in the studio will be spent making furniture again. Thanks to those that have ordered planes and to those who have followed these posts! To change it up a bit here is a photo from one of last year's splitting sessions.

Take Care!

[attachment=43346]
One last bump before making the blade order.
I have two Ebony body blanks and blades available in this third and final batch if anyone is interested in reserving a plane, your choice of side woods.
Hi Guys, just a note to let you know that this batch of apron planes is going to be awhile yet before completion and shipping. Reason being, the motor on my 10" Rikon burnt out on me and the new one isn't expected to be here until September 2nd. Sorry for the delay.

I was thinking about just buying another but a 14" vs waiting for a motor replacement. The more I thought about it though I really don't need a 14" and the 10" is perfect for my small studio because it sits under the bench until I need it.
Krenov Style Apron Planes Batch III