Okay folks here we go this will be a bit different. I had already started this piece back in the spring on my old lathe. It turn out to be to big for that set up. So I got a new lathe and built a steady rest. This piece is nothing fancy now just a pine hollow 8" D x 11" Tall. My plan is to carve into the hollow and add intarsia, pyrography , texture and color. I'll save the surprise of what the content of the art will be for the next post, here's a look at my starting canvas.

(07-08-2022, 10:44 AM)Splinterz25 Wrote:   Okay folks here we go this will be a bit different. I had already started this piece back in the spring on my old lathe. It turn out to be to big for that set up. So I got a new lathe and built a steady rest. This piece is nothing fancy now just a pine hollow 8" D x 11" Tall. My plan is to carve into the hollow and add intarsia, pyrography , texture and color. I'll save the surprise of what the content of the art will be for the next post, here's a look at my starting canvas.

Well it looks a little plain then all the rest you have done so far.  
Smirk
Big Grin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.

(07-08-2022, 02:06 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Well it looks a little plain then all the rest you have done so far.  
Smirk
Big Grin

It's just the beginning of the work going into this piece Arlin, there will be carving, Intarsia, pyrography and coloring when it's all done.

(07-10-2022, 12:37 PM)Splinterz25 Wrote: It's just the beginning of the work going into this piece Arlin, there will be carving, Intarsia, pyrography and coloring when it's all done.

It was a joke my friend
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Okay everyone I was able to get some carving done for the inlay Intarsia. I'm showing this now so you can see how it comes together, this is just the first piece of many that will be added. I'm not telling what the subject is at this point. this is a piece of Hackberry cut shaped and steam bent to shape then I carved the inlay.
New Hollow Form WIP. 
The tree trunks are Intarsia steam bent Butternut & Hackberry. The other embellishments are drawn with pencil, color acrylic pen and black sharpie.
"New Hollow WIP"