Used some leftovers, a blade storage box. Kerf cuts for the slots.

Tired of the blades laying loose, possible damage.

[attachment=43340]

Nice...
Something I have always been meaning to do, but never got around to...
Mine are still hanging on nails in the floor joists above my workbench...
I made something similar a while back,

[attachment=43345]
Mine is similar also
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Of the storage without the pull out drawers (Nice one sweensdv2!), have you had any issues with the exposed blades? Either getting cut removing the blades or damaging the blades?

(07-23-2022, 11:58 AM)taxman Wrote: Of the storage without the pull out drawers (Nice one sweensdv2!), have you had any issues with the exposed blades? Either getting cut removing the blades or damaging the blades?

For me, nope. No issues at all. I finally can find the blade I need easily.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(07-23-2022, 11:58 AM)taxman Wrote: Of the storage without the pull out drawers (Nice one sweensdv2!), have you had any issues with the exposed blades? Either getting cut removing the blades or damaging the blades?

Also never had an issue with being cut removing the blades or blades being damaged while being stored.
The blades I bought came with a box......I keep the ones not in use in their original boxes after they are cleaned. Best protection against moisture and accidental cuts.

Simon
All good ideas, I am not disagreeing with anyone on this thread.
These go on sale from time to time at Peachtree. I Got 2 of them for my blades. They don't take up much wall space.

https://www.ptreeusa.com/tablesaw_sawblades_rack.html

Here's what I've been using for several decades.  The dado storage box is fairly recent but it gives an idea of how the storage boxes were made.  Its great for storing on a shelf and not taking up wall space.

[attachment=43629]

[attachment=43630]

[attachment=43631]

[attachment=43632]
Blade storage