All good things must come to an end. We've been here on this 20 acres on the Washita River (west of Anadarko, OK) for 36 years. Built lots of memories, met some awesome neighbors. However, at 81, I'm not able to keep up with the things that need to be done. So in the near future, we will be moving to Elgin (Oklahoma) where our kids can "keep an eye on us." We have two daughters, two grandsons and their families in Elgin, and a daughter and a granddaughter in Cyril. And there is a Braums in Elgin. And Braums got nanner splits. Life is good!
I will be closing down my shop and getting rid of all my tools. If I need to build anything, my son-in-law and grandson both have shops.
I have given my ONEWAY 2436 and all the accessories to a nephew and his daughter. Probably around $10,000 there. Could have sold it but we don't need the money and I would rather have someone enjoy it.
So onward and whatever to the next phase.
But I'll still be lurking here. Lining up some sub-contractors for my wagon-burning line or endeavor.

GM
The only tool I have is a lathe.  Everything else is an accessory.

Good on you for gifting to a young ww'er, particularly including all the accessories that can really run up the cost of turning. I have a youngster in our club to whom I will likely gift my entire shop to save LOML the hassle of selling off my equipment piecemeal.

I hope the remainder of your golden years are truly that.

Gary
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Sorry to hear the bad news of you slowing down in turning but I understand buddy.

I will talk to my wife to buy and turning tools you may have left over to give to the guys.

Also if you are ever up this way we would love to have you stop in.  OK.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
WOW!  That probably wasn't an easy decision.  I'm just 4 years behind you.  I remember my dad giving up his horse at age 85, Daddy actually cried...Cowboys don't cry!!!!!!!!

I gave my Jet 1642 to my nephews.  Not sure who will want my Powermatic, but I hope I am able to enjoy my shop another 10 yrs.

I truly hope your life will be so full of family, you won't miss your shop.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Gettin' Out of Dodge