I met up with one of the local Forum guys today, and we talked about guitars a bit.   I did my first "luthier project" this year, concentrating on hand tools wherever possible -- I didn't use a powered router.

I had a small (parlor) size guitar with nice appointments but a fairly tinny laminated body.  I decided to extract the nice ebony-trimmed neck and bridge:

[attachment=43511]

I got in a kit from an eBay seller, using some parts but substituting my own choices for others.  Here was the top, jointed with my No. 6, glued up, and a rosette & hole cut with my Veritas string-inlay cutter:

[attachment=43510]

The body glue-up was done with every clamp I had -- I didn't buy any nice ones just for this experimental job!

[attachment=43512]

Some careful backsawing and planing a wedge-shaped inlay was done here to conceal one ugly joint:

[attachment=43513]
[attachment=43514]

For the binding/purfling, I made an adapter for the Veritas string-inlay cutting-gage, to follow concave curves:

[attachment=43515]

The guitar came out decent-looking and actually very good-sounding!

[attachment=43516]

It was a time-consuming project but I can see how builders can get addicted to these!

Chris
Chris

Wonderful results, Chris!   You are fearless apparently.

Very nice work,  especially considering nearly all of it was curved.
Recent guitar resto-mod w. Hand tool choices