Hi all,

Well, I finally purchased my DF 500 that came today. My small shop vac hose does not fit the port as well as I would like. I have no plans on spending $$$$$ for a Festool vac. What other hose can I use to fit either a Rigid or Shop Vac and also be compatable for my Domino.

Thanks,

Mike

https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-VAC005-5-Me...bosch+hose

This one works perfectly.
I just put a few wraps of duct tape (actually Gorilla Tape) around the Domino port and my Fein hose fits on just right.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(08-25-2022, 10:24 AM)KevinMalone Wrote: https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-VAC005-5-Me...bosch+hose

This one works perfectly.

Yeah, the Bosch VAC005 is the winner IMO. 
Yes
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP

(08-25-2022, 11:36 AM)Lumber Yard® Wrote: Yeah, the Bosch VAC005 is the winner IMO. 
Yes

I just ordered it and it will be here on Saturday. Gotta love that Prime.
(08-25-2022, 11:36 AM)Lumber Yard® Wrote: Yeah, the Bosch VAC005 is the winner IMO. 
Yes

It works, but there are better options available.

The bosch is too wide and a bit heavy for sanders and a domino.  That extra comes in handy on things like a saw , planer, or a big router - but is a liability on small tools that are light and don't need as much airflow .

(08-26-2022, 02:48 PM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: It works, but there are better options available.

The bosch is too wide and a bit heavy for sanders and a domino.  That extra comes in handy on things like a saw , planer, or a big router.

Do you have a list of those options that are better?  I actually hate the original festool hose that comes with the vac.  While I have the Bosch hose as well (and like it), it doesn't fit within the festool hose carriage so I am looking at other options.
(08-26-2022, 02:48 PM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: It works, but there are better options available.

The bosch is too wide and a bit heavy for sanders and a domino.  That extra comes in handy on things like a saw , planer, or a big router.

We'll have to agree to disagree.
Uhoh IMO the Bosch is a great option for Festool tools. You're not likely to convince me otherwise after years upon years of using them with my Festool Vacs, Domino and sanders. 
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP

(08-27-2022, 12:23 PM)Lumber Yard® Wrote: We'll have to agree to disagree.
Uhoh IMO the Bosch is a great option for Festool tools. You're not likely to convince me otherwise after years upon years of using them with my Festool Vacs, Domino and sanders. 
Yes

wouldn't even try .................I know a lost cause when i see it.

Curious though you felt the need to get one for a festool vac and that you didn't speak up sooner so that mike could have made you an offer to buy one of your unused festool hoses
Confused
What Fred said,,, works great saves $.
Domino Vacuum Hose