When designing a pedestal table base, is there a formula for the width of the base versus the width of the top?

I'm working on designing a dining table that's 60" in diameter and 30" tall. 

How wide should the base be?  It's an X pattern on the floor.
Semper fi,
Brad

Maybe 15 yrs ago, I asked the same question.  I did not like the answer...40 to 50 inches.  That was too big to be practical.  The table I built had a three turned column pedestal, so IIRC, I was able to use a 28" round base.  The table was for my daughter; eaten off of it many times, tipping has never been a problem.  Having all that weight in the center makes a huge difference!!!!!!
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Brad , I use this site for close enough dimensions and have bought great quality parts too. Adams wood products  if you are going for a 4 leg on a 60" it recommends 10" column with 14" legs that would put it at about 38 depending how they measure.  from the flat spots a bit shorter. (click on) the click here for dimensions.
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
Pedestal table base question