Took out a huge built in tub and will soon replace with an HGTV required freestanding tub and faucet.

I’ve installed several regular tubs but no freestanding ones. Has anyone installed one? What to look out for? I’m sure the faucet rough out plumbing will be different as it goes through the floor, but that’s about all I know.

I plan to do a Google search, but I thought I’d ask here first.

Thanks for advice!
VH07V  

You’ll need to look at the spec sheet/ install manual for your specific tub.   Some really just sit there, others need to be glued down, some get dropped in beds of morTar , others foamed.  

Same with the faucet. We advise doubling up the floor underneath the subfloor in the area of the filler, but not all faucets will allow for this.   It’s also dependent on the thickness of your finish floor.
Wink 
The only thing I can add is that a cast iron tub full of water has four substantial point loads. Just saying.
Big Grin
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
This will be a plastic tub.
VH07V  
Are you installing on a wet floor or dry floor?
This will affect what you are using for a drain (overflow vs. no overflow, and how the drain/floor are sealed)

Matt
Dry floor, tub will have a built in overflow.
VH07V  
(10-23-2022, 08:32 PM)EightFingers Wrote: Took out a huge built in tub and will soon replace with an HGTV required freestanding tub and faucet.

I’ve installed several regular tubs but no freestanding ones. Has anyone installed one? What to look out for? I’m sure the faucet rough out plumbing will be different as it goes through the floor, but that’s about all I know.

I plan to do a Google search, but I thought I’d ask here first.

Thanks for advice!

I have a cast iron clawfoot tub I sought out chromed brass pipe for the supply lines I have shut off valves below the floor to those pipes.  This is regular pipe think brass nipples.  They weren't cheap but they beat out what most places offer up for supply lines.  I picked up a wall faucet from Chicago faucet and made a brass shim to level up the faucet on the tub that I had plated to match.  

This is the place I found the pipe, it has held up well for 17 years.  I am not sure they stay have it but it is worth calling

https://sinkfactory.com/about-us/
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(10-27-2022, 12:14 AM)Bob10 Wrote: I have a cast iron clawfoot tub I sought out chromed brass pipe for the supply lines I have shut off valves below the floor to those pipes.  This is regular pipe think brass nipples.  They weren't cheap but they beat out what most places offer up for supply lines.  I picked up a wall faucet from Chicago faucet and made a brass shim to level up the faucet on the tub that I had plated to match.  

This is the place I found the pipe, it has held up well for 17 years.  I am not sure they stay have it but it is worth calling

https://sinkfactory.com/about-us/

I clicked on freestanding tubs: “ Under construction”.
So I thought I’d check out freestanding faucets. “Under construction”
VH07V  

(10-27-2022, 11:56 PM)EightFingers Wrote: I clicked on freestanding tubs: “ Under construction”.
So I thought I’d check out freestanding faucets. “Under construction”

Site worked for me...

(10-28-2022, 08:15 AM)joe1086 Wrote: Site worked for me...
VH07V  
Getting ready to install freestanding tub, have ?